Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine / Fuel / Engine management issues
Knock-on

posted on 19/4/21 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Engine / Fuel / Engine management issues

My IVA passed Robin Hood 2B has been sitting for a few years feeling very sorry for itself.

Basically I had a 2.0 pinto and RHS exiting exhaust married to Webbers and usual wiring loom.

Then I had a bright idea of fitting a bespoke Loom, 2.0 Zetec Silvertop, ZX9 carbs, Trigger wheels Management system and LHS Zorst custom made by Spencer Ashley.

Funnily enough, it all worked albeit like a Dog pulling only about 40mph on it's trip back to my house a few years ago where it's sat.

I'll put my hands up and admit I haven't got a clue how to set it up, match the Jets, program the Ignition and balance it all up.

Not being in the position to throw thousands at it, I am looking for ideas. Someone in the South East that might have the know how to get it sorted in it's current incarnation or should I ditch bike carbs and look for 2nd hand ignition and injectors which will be easier to set up and maintain.

Any ideas, Offers of help, Insults will be appreciated.

coyoteboy

posted on 19/4/21 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
I can't help you on the carbs - no part of me would go for a carb setup given the ease of getting an EFI system to the point of being easily mapped. That said, you have this up and running - why not just get it to a rolling road who can handle carbs and finish it off?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.