Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Not exactly webcam, but I will try to keep it real time
pbura

posted on 21/2/05 at 03:27 AM Reply With Quote
Beautiful job, Mark! What kind of paint?

Pete

James

posted on 21/2/05 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark,

Really nice job. Bit annoyed you've stolen the paint colour I'm looking for (I want the Honda Blackbird Candy Blue which I reckon looks similar to yours) but that plan's gone on hold slightly after I got a few quotes for getting it painted!

What colour is yours btw? It's not Rover Tahitian Blue is it?

Cheers,
James

Mark Allanson

posted on 21/2/05 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
The colour is rover trophy blue, like the MGZT 75 things.

The type of pant...

2K etch first, then 2K hibuild primer, 1k polyester basecoat, followed by 2K clearcoat. Should be durable!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

stephen_gusterson

posted on 21/2/05 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
nice job mark.

not unlike the renault megane ottoman blue

atb

steve

soggy

posted on 24/2/05 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
nice paint

i have to agree the paint is a good colour my (still unfinished)avon has been this colour for over a year now, trying to get to stoneleigh this year how long will it take you to finish yours?

if at first u dont succeed use a bigger hammer!

Mark Allanson

posted on 24/2/05 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by soggy
i have to agree the paint is a good colour my (still unfinished)avon has been this colour for over a year now, trying to get to stoneleigh this year how long will it take you to finish yours?

I think this weekend will have the whole car finished, then book the SVA (), I have got to mrefit the rear arches and rear lamps, refit the dash and thats about it! 28 months from start to finish - a bit longer that I first thought

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Danozeman

posted on 24/2/05 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
Mate thats a very nice colour!! Nicely done too. Should look excellent when its all together!!

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

jambojeef

posted on 24/2/05 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
James! Rover taihiti blue - mmmmm!!

Sprayed my last motorbike fairing in that colour after seeing it randomly in the car park at work on a metro!

Am thinking of it for my nose cone and arches.....but natural carbon fibre keeps getting in the way - dreams are healthy..

chunkielad

posted on 25/2/05 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Nice work mate

I like Ford Metallic Java blue myself

James

posted on 25/2/05 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Reason I wanted blue in the first place- after seeing my mates Honda Blackbird in Candy Blue. Unfortunately I can't find a google of a picture that does the bike justice!

Honda Blackbird Candy Blue
Honda Blackbird Candy Blue

Anyway, phoned around a few places and was getting quotes of £600 plus for the proper paint job.

So in the end I'm gonna go for something as close to this as possible:

Prost's Blue
Prost's Blue

Which I reckon is very pretty indeed!

Cheers,
James

Mark Allanson

posted on 25/2/05 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
I will post a pickie of the car together on sunday night, the colour does look very similar to the F1 car. i also considered ford imperial blue (st200) which is fractionally darker but a bit more pearly

andyps

posted on 26/2/05 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
When finished the car will be doing quite high mileages so I don't think a bike engine would cope, I think the pinto will be staying for a while (until I find a Lancia thema 8.32!!)

Just get a Ferrari 308/328 - slightly higher state of tune for the same engine. Would be a real shame to break up a Thema 8.32!

Car looks great - is it re-assembled yet?

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Mark Allanson

posted on 26/2/05 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
I spent today putting her back together, nice feeling to see so much progress in one day, I might paint the wheels tomorrow (something a bit special Rescued attachment Back together.jpg
Rescued attachment Back together.jpg

MikeR

posted on 26/2/05 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
Your car looks amazing................

but i think you've missed a bit

Mark Allanson

posted on 27/2/05 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Your car looks amazing................

but i think you've missed a bit

Yeah, OK, I still cannot decide what colour to do the rollbar, blue, silver or satin black

MikeR

posted on 27/2/05 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
if you do it in silver, then you have to have silver elsewhere - wishbones?

Black will just make it disappear which is normally a good thing but your car looks so nice i'd be tempted to do it in that rather lovely blue.

Mark Allanson

posted on 27/2/05 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
if you do it in silver, then you have to have silver elsewhere - wishbones?

Black will just make it disappear which is normally a good thing but your car looks so nice i'd be tempted to do it in that rather lovely blue.

The wishbone are silver, so will be the wheels, there is a lot of chrome on the car, and I am tempted towards silver for the rollbar, The blue is so bright (the photos don't do it justice), that I think that it would be too much at the rear, but than again the transition from the rear panel to the bar looks really good Rescued attachment Back together2.jpg
Rescued attachment Back together2.jpg

clbarclay

posted on 27/2/05 at 12:31 AM Reply With Quote
Personal experiance of painting model cars says that blue and silver goes very well together.

Looking at the picture you've made one of the trailing arms adjustable in the middle, won't that potetial weaken it as its under compression most of the time?

[Edited on 27/2/05 by clbarclay]

[Edited on 27/2/05 by clbarclay]

pbura

posted on 27/2/05 at 12:34 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like you're going to have ally sides? Should look v. good

I'll vote for a blue rollbar. You could put black pads on it to break the monotony a bit

Pete

Chris_R

posted on 27/2/05 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Would be silver for me. The car looks fantastic and the blue is excellent, but it's might be a little excessive on the roll bar too. It's Cracking job though and will look good no matter which you choose.

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 27/2/05 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
as said before very nice colour,good choice since the darker version of that blue is very common.

Cars going to look great.

Danozeman

posted on 27/2/05 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
My vote is with silver for the roll bar.... I love that colour!!

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

MikeRJ

posted on 27/2/05 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clbarclay
Looking at the picture you've made one of the trailing arms adjustable in the middle, won't that potetial weaken it as its under compression most of the time?

They aren't fabricated arms, they are from a Nissan Bluebird IIRC. If it's good enough for Nissan...

Mark Allanson

posted on 27/2/05 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by clbarclay

They aren't fabricated arms, they are from a Nissan Bluebird IIRC. If it's good enough for Nissan...

Dead right Mike, Bluebird rear arms. They are only under compression on accelleration, and under tension on braking. Most of the time they have very little load. There are no stresses at any angle other than 0° or 180° so nothing to worry about. The tubes are 19x3mm and the adjusters are M12 and extend into the tubes by about 50mm each side and have large lock nuts. I have 3 adjustable and one static to act as a datum on which to adjust the others. A forth one has been extended to make an adjustable panhard rod.

Back to the car, I promised a few shots of it assembled Rescued attachment Painted Front.jpg
Rescued attachment Painted Front.jpg

Mark Allanson

posted on 27/2/05 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
The bonnet to scuttle ... Rescued attachment Painted Side.jpg
Rescued attachment Painted Side.jpg

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.