Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Donington - Complete waste of money!
nitram38

posted on 16/9/06 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Phew.....pity the website did not say so
Link to advanced bookings

chrisj

posted on 16/9/06 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Me and the car wife had a reasonable time on the infield. However we did take deck chairs to 'camp out' and headed for a letch at the totty on the insurance stand. You can see what she ate for breakfast.

We paid £10 for the passenger entrance but the tunnel was worth every penny. Wouldn't bother with the track.

Otherwise bought large spanners to replace the ones I threw at Jeff on the way up. (10 mm).

Sorry Jeff.

keith

posted on 16/9/06 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
i must admit it was a bit quiet,i was looking forward to going round the track but on the way my clutch arm snapped in half so bodged it with a self tapper which got me there and back,so a bit disappointed but just to set records straight no charge for kit -car drivers or children under 16
ruskino80

posted on 16/9/06 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
ok surely someone has a picture of her!!!
soggy 3

posted on 17/9/06 at 12:30 AM Reply With Quote
It depends what you want out of the day
i needed some bits and to actualy hear some of the cars going other than just parked up so i was happy i even caught a ride around the track in a vindicator after talking to the nice chap who runs it i was impressed as i havent been in a kit car yet .been building my avon for three years so i now know what it will feel like.
i also went to the insurance stand and my brother pointed out her personal credit card swipe built in to the front of her suit

JamJah

posted on 17/9/06 at 04:57 AM Reply With Quote
Could it be said that the Donny show reflects the kit industry as a whole (ie less manufactures)?
jim..c

posted on 17/9/06 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
I had a great time, never driven Donington before, now done 92 laps all with passengers in. Great fun, but some seriously poor driving going on on the circuit. Mixing public sessions in with the manufacturers = trouble
nitram38

posted on 17/9/06 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
Just got home.
Main hall was packed. Best exhibit was Martin Keenan's new single seater.
Bit boring in the hall, but the club area was good. Met up with a couple of locosters. Hi rusty nuts!!!!!!!!
Free entry for me and my son.
Bit embarassing for me though.
Need to baffle my radiator as the temps went up at speed. I think the air is bypassing the rad. Came home the entire 126 miles at 40mph to keep the temps down
Traffic jams actually helped my temps come down so horray for traffic!!!!!!!
(hope I never say that again)

rusty nuts

posted on 17/9/06 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
Just got back , found the main hall a bit lacking but the infield was entertaining. Did you get home OK Nitram?
nitram38

posted on 17/9/06 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Yes but Sloooooooooowly!!!!!!!!!!
rusty nuts

posted on 17/9/06 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
So I see . You had left by the time I came back to my car . Glad you got back OK . How is your lads "butt"as he calls it?
nitram38

posted on 17/9/06 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Don't worry about him, who was doing the driving!!!!!!!!
He's fine............watching the simpsons right now.

Now for those winter upgrades.................

McLannahan

posted on 17/9/06 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
I had a good few days but cheeses....
Planes taking off just inches from the tent was a bit of a nightmare!

Hardly slept a wink! Bought a few bits and pieces (Bought some new lights now Hellfire Phil!) but was a bit disappointed with the trade turnout.

Anyway - good laugh and enjoyed it, despite going in the Micra rather than KC.....

Michael

richijenkin

posted on 17/9/06 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Good to see everyone again, not many mks there on Sunday: Rescued attachment IMG_5885mod.jpg
Rescued attachment IMG_5885mod.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
martyn_16v

posted on 17/9/06 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richijenkin
not many mks there on Sunday:

It could have been worse...

Spartan indeed

JamJah

posted on 18/9/06 at 01:48 AM Reply With Quote
Now renamed the SPARSEtan Owners Club
bob

posted on 18/9/06 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
For some reason the MK 's were parked on the locost car club area sat and sun.

Anyway

The show itself will never be a Stoneleigh for suppliers and parts,its mainly a track event show so its viewed differently.

I'm now finding that since being on the road the shows have a different purpose,shopping for parts ends and you use the event as a meeting point or for some a club event.
I still think £10 to walk in and shop is a bit excesive for a very average hall but it does seen the norm recently.

Hellfire

posted on 18/9/06 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
When we arrived on Saturday morning there were MK's scattered all over. The largest group however were parked on the end of the Locost area, so that's where we parked too. I did notice later in the day that someone had put the MK Owners Club banner up but only Ash3's Indy was there, so we left ours where it was.

When you drive into any show, you never fail to spot where the Westfield area is, or the Italian Replicas for that matter. You can spend ages looking for the MK Owners area. What we need is some large flags similar to the WSCC ones. I realise that these will have to be paid for out of the owners club coffers but IMO it would be money well spent. I'm sure there were more than half a dozen Indys at the show on Saturday but like I already said, they were scattered all over the place. Rant over.

Phil

ned

posted on 18/9/06 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
That's a point well made Phil, have a word with ASH3, I think they have funds in the club to sort something out. Like you say it'd be money well spent.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 18/9/06 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Good point phil, a couple of proper flags on some fibreglass poles cant cost that much,i'm sure if any of us find any suppliers and mail a link or address over to andy (ASH3) he can get that sorted for next year.

There were also plans to get a small gazeebo to pin the banner to,maybe a thinktank is in order for next year.

iank

posted on 18/9/06 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JamJah
Could it be said that the Donny show reflects the kit industry as a whole (ie less manufactures)?

I know for a fact that a number of manufacturers skipped exhibiting due to the high cost of a stand this year. There were a number scattered around the car park if you knew who was who.

Guinness

posted on 18/9/06 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.flagsuk.com/PortableFlagpoles-1.asp

is your man for flags, flag poles etc! Ask for Simon, tell him Mike recommended him.

He also makes custom made car flags (like the crappy England ones) but with your own design on them and are capable of withstanding speeds in excess of 125mph!

Cheers

Mike

[Edited on 18/9/06 by Guinness]

Toady1

posted on 18/9/06 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
and no pics of the roadsure girls eh? tut tut!
dave-69isit

posted on 18/9/06 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
ihave pik off her with my lad
dave-69isit

posted on 18/9/06 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
posting pik

how do you shrink piks as i keep getting a message saying pik to big
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.