Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Not exactly webcam, but I will try to keep it real time
Mark Allanson

posted on 27/2/05 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
and the rear with a few more shiney bits added Rescued attachment Painted Rear.jpg
Rescued attachment Painted Rear.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

craig1410

posted on 27/2/05 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
Mark,
It's looking really nice. We should rename you "Mr Motivator" as you are certainly making me want to go work on my car regardless of the need to sleep, eat and (especially) go to work!!

The really good thing is that it doesn't seem very long ago that your were at the same stage which I am currently at so there may be hope for me yet to get my car on the road this summer....

Cheers,
Craig.

Micael

posted on 28/2/05 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Mark,

You shoudn't have tools laying around on the floor like that. You might trip and fall

And I likte the color!!

[Edited on 28/2/05 by Micael]

Micael Moose Åman

Petrolhead and all around nice guy

"Don't leave the duck there. It's totally irresponsible. Put it on the swing, it'll have much more fun." //Sleep Talkin Man Dec 23 2009

Bananaman

posted on 28/2/05 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Mark, the car is starting to look absolutely superb. The colour looks great. My twopenneth worth is paint the roll bar silver.

Whereabouts are you in Cornwall. I wouldn't mind having a look when it's on the road. My next project, when I've sold the Xtreme, is a book chassis. It would be nice to see one in the flesh, so to speak.

Cheers
Michael

Mark Allanson

posted on 28/2/05 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
I am in Crowlas, I will be attending most of the local shows, I am sure we will meet up sooner than later

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

clbarclay

posted on 28/2/05 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Its hard to judge having not seen the car/blue colour in the flesh, but better than an ordinary silver would be a darker silve/metalic grey of the right shade.
Mark Allanson

posted on 28/2/05 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clbarclay
Its hard to judge having not seen the car/blue colour in the flesh, but better than an ordinary silver would be a darker silve/metalic grey of the right shade.

Now that is cruel, I had just decided on the coarsest silver we have at work.....

Hellfire

posted on 28/2/05 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with Mr Barclay... kindof a Gunmetal grey... v.nice!

[Edited on 28-2-05 by Hellfire]

Mark Allanson

posted on 28/2/05 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Just winding me up now

andyps

posted on 28/2/05 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry Mark, but I would agree that a slightly dark silver would look good. I spent ages trying to get the wheels right for my road car and settled on Halfords Steel wheels colour, which I think would look great with your blue.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

clbarclay

posted on 1/3/05 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe in a few posts time i will sugest an even better colour scheme.
greggors84

posted on 1/3/05 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Its quite a cool effect you have with the roll bar at the moment, how about the blue fading into the silver, but niot as gradual as it is at the moment, only about 4" up on the rollbar.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

Mark Allanson

posted on 1/3/05 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
I had thought of that, but unless I get the fadeout exactly right on all 4 tubes it would look a bit shabby.

I could always use the holoflakes I got off ebay!! (no not really!)

andyps

posted on 3/3/05 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
After my last post I remembered two things from earlier in the thread - the join between roll bar and body, and the unpainted aluminium sides and changed my mind. I would go for a roll bar to match the body colour - the joins look good and using them as a colour change point would lose some of the effect. Anything other than the same colour as the side panels or other painted parts would probably be too much. Go for the blue.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

MikeR

posted on 4/3/05 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
Mark, any chance of some side on pictures. I keep wondering about spliting the side panel like you've done and worrying about it spoiling the lines....

from what i can see of yours it doesn't in the slightest and would like to ogle a bit more

Mark Allanson

posted on 4/3/05 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
This is the nearest I have to a side on until tomorrow, i am refitting the dash and tranny tunnel cover to make the car look totally finished. Rescued attachment Side On.jpg
Rescued attachment Side On.jpg

soggy

posted on 5/3/05 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
paint

hi i have just put a piccie on my gallery it looks more finished than it realy is,

if at first u dont succeed use a bigger hammer!

Spottty

posted on 5/3/05 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, very nice color. Its the same one I want to use (I dont think we will see each other though, there is a big puddle between us).

Now are you wetsanding it and polishing it or does spraying in the booth help with orange peel? (I cant see any in the pics but its hard to see that unless in the flesh) I have painted a few little things but never in a booth.

Very nice car, you have really motovated me to get started ASAP!

Best thing to do for a build....
Ditch the wife!

Mark Allanson

posted on 25/3/05 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
I am definately going to paint it silver, there I've decided!! Rescued attachment RollBarBlue.jpg
Rescued attachment RollBarBlue.jpg

pbura

posted on 25/3/05 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Got to tell you, sir, that is some seriously fine welding, and the solid color shows it off nicely.

What, you don't like the blue??? Why don't you paint the whole damned car silver, then?

Pete

Pete

Chris_R

posted on 25/3/05 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Nice reg. How much did that cost?

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 26/3/05 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
£3

ned

posted on 27/3/05 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
did ya have to have the v5 to get it?

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.