Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: rear suspension flaw ?
snoopy

posted on 7/7/07 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Trust me you DONT want me to reveal who actually made the part that snapped on my car, you think there is enough of an uproar about the topic contained herein, so please don't hint at pushing that angle.

oh yes we do in the intrest of public safety unless you dont have the balls to say as i know it wasnt mk engineering or mk sportscars as theres are both bent tubes and would never ever manufacture for gts

this is potentialy a killer flaw not just a bit of bad geometry this may actually kill someone if there going fast yet you chose to leave all gts owners in the dark that to me is pure SELFISH GROW UP

[Edited on 7/7/07 by snoopy]

whitestu

posted on 8/7/07 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Trust me you DONT want me to reveal who actually made the part that snapped on my car, you think there is enough of an uproar about the topic contained herein, so please don't hint at pushing that angle.

Not saying who made your axle does does make it look like you just want to have a go at MK.

Stu

Hellfire

posted on 8/7/07 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
quote:

Not saying who made your axle does does make it look like you just want to have a go at MK.

Stu

BINGO!!

zetec

posted on 8/7/07 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
This is funny really. Go and visit the makers, choose the car and most important build it and enjoy it. Dont worry about being 100% perfect because it wont be, no "7" will ever! It will be windy and crap in the wet...but great fun and that's what this forum should be about...not slagging people and products off. The Indy is easy to build and I've never had an issue with the car...I'm pretty sure the engine/tyres/wheels have a far greater effect on the car than what's being discussed here.

All kit makers have their faults as they dont have the resource to be perfect...but then what about the major car builders, they still make big drop off's but we still buy from them. So just get in the garage and build the car you like and stop with the "Top Trumps" my car is better than yours stuff.

I went out in my Indy yesterday and lived to tell the tale

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

Jon Ison

posted on 8/7/07 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
1) Personally I don't give a toss who made the axle, don't need to know, don't want to know, and search as hard as you like its the 1st time you will see "your axle" in any of my posts.

2) Not once have I said there is not a "flaw" as you care to put it.

3)

Q....How much do the upper brackets need moving to gain better control of the rear end ?

(Are everyone else's chassis within these ultimate tolerances, why is it written into stock hatch regulations for example that suspension pick up points cannot be moved ? Surely the likes of Ford, Citroen, Peugeot etc got it so right no competitor would ever think of moving a suspension pick up point to improve things ?)

A....Less than the manufacturing tolerances of a production car chassis.

Why do Ford and the like jig chassis when preparing a race/rally car ?

Must be some guys on here who after an accident have had there road car jigged and though, "Christ" this feels much better.........

so just to satisfy someone who puts the words "grand finale" in a thread title... bares his arse for some sort of diverse fetish photographic reason and consistently posts "see you in a ditch"

The old indy can be improved upon as can the new one, every other kit car on the market as perfect set up with no faults whatsoever.......not. Draw your own conclusions.

And finally, I don't want a toe to toe at Donington, I stopped them games over 40 years ago, just after my 1st year at nursery. Having said that at times I think I'm back there.

Jon Ison

posted on 8/7/07 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought.........

Maybe worth asking the likes of Jensen or Lewis if their chassis can be improved upon from its original design.

snoopy

posted on 8/7/07 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
i would like to know what if anything he can achive from a 1 man hate campagne school bully comes into mind maybe jelousy or something like this here
may have something to do with it

garbi1
garbi1

dd
dd

garb2
garb2

4 gif
4 gif

srtangley enough contary to popular belief non of them ended up in a ditch

[Edited on 8/7/07 by snoopy]

snoopy

posted on 8/7/07 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
and strangley enough an experianced kit builder driver and journalist who has built many many cars also failed to notice this flaw and also avoided ending up in a ditch when he wrote this

Benzine

posted on 8/7/07 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
oliwb

posted on 9/7/07 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
Ok, hopefully the last post from me.....and interestingly nothing to do with the indy. So a bit pointless really but its bugging me:

1- Go and read a book on welding. If you know anything about it you will understand that a properly welded join is stronger than the parent metal around it! It was not the proper join on Marks de-dion that snapped. Go and have another look at the photo's if you don't believe me. It was a badly welded hidden join that let go. This would not have happened if it had been welded properly as it should have been just the once. Those of you who don't believe this better get some night classes in welding before you contemplate trusting your own. I for one wont be getting into your scratch built cars - that is if you could build one.....

2- That article was written in a magazine who's sole sponsors are the kit car industry. Funnily enough MK are a very big player in the industry (rightly or wrongly) and again funnily enough they advertise a lot. And to indirectly quote one of the editors (posted on the tiger forum) they cannot afford to slate any manufacturers as the advertising revenue would put them out of business. So unless its an independent article I don't want to hear it....

Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gttman

posted on 9/7/07 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison

so just to satisfy someone who puts the words "grand finale" in a thread title... bares his arse for some sort of diverse fetish photographic reason and consistently posts "see you in a ditch"

This is what rattles my cage...... its quite clear what the intentions are of the poster in question.

No the geometry on the Indy isn't perfect on the rear, no-one has claimed otherwise.

But will it put you in a ditch? well the FACT is that hundreds of existing owners over many years have managed to prove otherwise.

Andygtt

Please redefine your limits

omega 24 v6

posted on 9/7/07 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I for one wont be getting into your scratch built cars

Cheers OLI for your backing. I'll be the one in front of you (but not for quite some time

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Jon Ison

posted on 10/7/07 at 06:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Garry what did I say at Newark to everyone, about how easy it would be to wind the usual suspects up, looks like I was right then.......

Are you trying to tell us all your recent posts where just a wind up ?

Do I detect a bit of wriggling going on ?

You cant have it both ways.

omega 24 v6

posted on 10/7/07 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Big wind up was discussed all in good humour actually.
That was before I/we saw the MK chassis.
As usual the snowball effect takes over, I'm glad I'm building a perfect (OLI) scratch build IMHO of course.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

DRC INDY 7

posted on 11/7/07 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
All i can say on this matters is calvin why did you not raise this issue with mk at newark thus saving this long zzzzzzzzzzboringzzzzzzzz thread on here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.