Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Viento wing mirror height?
tomgregory2000

posted on 17/1/09 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Viento wing mirror height?

I have just got myself a pair of GSX600/750F wing mirrors (o/e fit on luego) and wanted to know how high up you have mounted them, measurement from the bottom chassis rail to the bottom of the mounting bracket and also how far back from the forward edge of the scuttle?
Many thanks
Tommy

bill132hotrod

posted on 17/1/09 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
mirrors

Hi there here is a picture of were i mounted mine and they passed SVA no problem, and this is on a Velocity scuttle, hope this helps.
Regards Bill.

PERSEVERANCE is the word of the week. Stick with it the results are SWEET.

DanP

posted on 21/1/09 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
I personally had real trouble finding a position to mount the GSXF mirrors that gave a high enough position for the rear visibility over the arches and a decent range of adjustment so I decided to ditch them and buy CBR mirrors like Bill123Hotrod (unchromed from ebay about 22quid)

Sorry if thats not what you want to hear but hope it helps!
Dan

wilkingj

posted on 29/1/09 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Be Very Careful here... Mine failed SVA on their height. There are a series of lines on the ground that you must be able to see for SVA. Mine were mounted too low and the line of vision went through the rear mudguards, hence the fail.
Basically you couldnt see a matchstick lying on the ground on the line. But you could see someones ankles if they stood on the line.

Here are the pages from the SVA manual (in my Archive) I laid a broom handle on the road at the set positions when re mounting my mirrors. Use a tape measure to get the lines the right distance away.

Linky

Now I have a pair of bolt head in the scuttle where the old holes were. Getting the opsitioning right 1st time will save the unwanted holes in the scuttle.

You can just see the (unwanted) additional boltholes with the shiny boltheads in the pic. The actual fixings are recessed and cant be seen.

The Viento Fits!
The Viento Fits!

[Edited on 29/1/2009 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dave J

posted on 29/1/09 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Can't really add anything further to the mirror advice, but I notice the leading edge of your windscreen bracket adjacent to the screen looks rather sharp. I would certainly radius it otherwise I think the inspector may well fail it. Nice piece of work BTW.

Cheers

Dave

wicket

posted on 29/1/09 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Dave J

If you are talking about Bill's car he has already passed SVA.

Tommy

We spent a lot of time getting the position right. We mounted the mirrors on blocks of wood and 'gaffer' taped them to the scuttle. Then marked out the view positions as per the SVA manual along a straight section of quiet road and played until we could see the markers, passed SVA OK.

They are fairly marginal but the mirror glasses are flat, convex would be better.

[Edited on 29/1/09 by wicket]

Dave J

posted on 30/1/09 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wicket
Dave J

If you are talking about Bill's car he has already passed SVA.

DOH!!!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.