Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MS progress...
flak monkey

posted on 24/1/09 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
MS progress...

A pictoral update of the progress on the MS conversion. Pretty pleased with how its gone to be honest. Had an annoying fuel leak, but it was locitite to the rescue which seems to have cured that...

Just got back from a drive and datalog session. Slowly improving . One question for others using megalog viewer, should I have acceleration enrichments on or off? I have got the AFR target tables turned on, so thats working quite well already, just unsure about the acceleration enrichments bit..

Anyway heres the pics:

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

BenB

posted on 24/1/09 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
Looking very tidy!!
Did you drill your fuel rail with the special cutting bit of just an approximate size drill?? I'm trying to decide whether to go down the 15mm copper pipe route as my machine capabilities are limited......

flak monkey

posted on 24/1/09 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks

Rail was drilled will the correct sized drill with lots of white sprit as cutting fluid. Works well and doesnt seem to leak. In my case the hole was 10.8mm.

Ended up drilling and tapping the ends to 3/8" BSPT as hose tails were readily available.

Cheers,
David

Sera

turboben

posted on 24/1/09 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
I think you can leave the enrichments on and the log viewer calculates around it. I leave it on anyway.
Ben

omega 24 v6

posted on 24/1/09 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
I left mines off but can't remeber why. I'm sure I asked on msefi and got an answer to leave them off. But as with all things megasquirt you get differing answers all round.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

turboben

posted on 24/1/09 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.ideasandsolutions.biz/MegaLogViewer/veAnalysis.html

Hope that link works - its should be the destructions.

mark chandler

posted on 24/1/09 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
All enrichments off when logging, just us the controls gently.

You will know how good you map is when you have finished, in utopia you would not need enrichments, so the less the better!

For myself I need a little acceleration and no ego correction now I am done and dusted.

Regards Mark

mark chandler

posted on 24/1/09 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
All enrichments off when logging, just us the controls gently.

You will know how good you map is when you have finished, in utopia you would not need enrichments, so the less the better!

For myself I need a little acceleration and no ego correction now I am done and dusted.

Regards Mark

flak monkey

posted on 24/1/09 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Now done 5 successful runs and logs and its getting there quite well, and is already better than on carbs with regards AFR. Still a few very rich spots at the moment though.

Currently AFR targets are on all other enrichments are off.

Need to do some longer drives with the logger running so looking in to sourcing an inverter to run the laptop off

David

Sera

omega 24 v6

posted on 24/1/09 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Well done David. Now I gotta get me through sva and do some real datalogging on real roads. Airfield was fine to get it going but hardly an ideal scenario for dattalogging

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

mark chandler

posted on 25/1/09 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
I,ve got a scruffy old thinkpad I use, it's quite happy running straight of the cars battery.

Spent hours setting mine up, I used autotune which contary to lots of other posts works well, you just need to play around with the settings, start off with a wide window and as the tune improves close this down.

Regards Mark

MikeRJ

posted on 25/1/09 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Need to do some longer drives with the logger running so looking in to sourcing an inverter to run the laptop off

I bought one of these rather than using an inverter. It works fine for me, but check your laptops current requirements.

paulf

posted on 25/1/09 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
I data log using a palm PDA and palm log, then download it to a laptop to adjust with megalog viewer.Laptops are not a good idea in the car as the hard drives is not really designed to be bounced around in a car at speed.
The palm can also be fitted to the dash and used to adjust basic settings and display realtime data.
Paul

flak monkey

posted on 26/1/09 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulf
I data log using a palm PDA and palm log, then download it to a laptop to adjust with megalog viewer.Laptops are not a good idea in the car as the hard drives is not really designed to be bounced around in a car at speed.
The palm can also be fitted to the dash and used to adjust basic settings and display realtime data.
Paul

Not a bad idea that, I dont, however, have a suitable cable for connecting to my PDA.

Thats assuming palmlog works on win mobile....

Otherwise it looks like the laptops going to get a battering.

David

Sera

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.