Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which Can to suit an carbed R1
sonic

posted on 9/2/09 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Which Can to suit an carbed R1

Hello
After a RR run on Saturday it was established that the Scorpion motorbike can on my 2001 Carbed R1 engine was killing it.
After a power run with the can on it was 108 bhp at the wheels,without any can on it was 132bhp and would have been alot better if he had rejetted to suit etc.
With the Can on it was as rich as hell around 4.5-6000 rpm with a real dip in power and then very weak at 10000 rpm and wouldnt pull full rev's.

So can anybody recommend a suitable can to fit which will give the desired effect.

I thought about sticking a standard 2001 R1 can back on???

Cheers

jacko

posted on 9/2/09 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Mick if the engine is designed with a r1 can that must be the one to use i would have thought
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sonic

posted on 9/2/09 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Graham

Thats my favoured choice at present,Andy is to busy with his build to work his majic on one.
At least if i fit a Std can it should keep the noise down.

idl1975

posted on 10/2/09 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Are you using the standard airbox? If not, you really need to jet it properly for the can.

Micron have a good reputation for delivering consistent power gains at a moderate price and providing a good quality product. Of course, that's with stock or bike aftermarket headers, so what will definitely work with huge BEC versions, I don't know.

I would just use the stock can. R1 cans aren't particularly heavy, and it's just not going to make a huge difference in a car, due to the weight of the vehicle (far more than the donor bike) and the aerodynamic challenges of a 7.

Best thing is to spend the money having it properly jetted with the stock can...

quote:
Originally posted by sonic
Hello
After a RR run on Saturday it was established that the Scorpion motorbike can on my 2001 Carbed R1 engine was killing it.
After a power run with the can on it was 108 bhp at the wheels,without any can on it was 132bhp and would have been alot better if he had rejetted to suit etc.
With the Can on it was as rich as hell around 4.5-6000 rpm with a real dip in power and then very weak at 10000 rpm and wouldnt pull full rev's.

So can anybody recommend a suitable can to fit which will give the desired effect.

I thought about sticking a standard 2001 R1 can back on???

Cheers

sonic

posted on 10/2/09 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hello idl1975

Thats the problem,spent 2 hrs with a dynojet kit on the rolling road trying to jet it correctly and couldnt get it anything like it should be.
Took the can off and it looked alot better on the graph

Thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.