Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GSXR 600 carb spares and jet size
Paul TigerB6

posted on 12/2/09 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
GSXR 600 carb spares and jet size

Anyone know where i might be able to get some bits required for some Suzuki carbs (besides Suzuki main dealers)??

I need a few viton o-rings (6mm) for the inter carb fuel lines and also a small spring that pushes the inter carb linkage against the adjuster screw.

Any suppliers out there that anyone has used??

Also, can anyone recommend a jet size for a standard 2L Pinto to get the car through SVA and to the rolling road. Standard ones are 125's which i am guessing might be a touch small. Is there anything other than jets needs doing to the carbs such as air holes getting blocked etc??

Ta muchly

[Edited on 12/2/09 by Paul TigerB6]

whitestu

posted on 12/2/09 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'm running 1.6 mains with my ZX6R carbs which seems about right [2.0 Zetec].

I'll have an ARF meter on it soon so should be able to give a better answer then.

Stu

idl1975

posted on 12/2/09 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Paul

Suzuki doesn't make the carbs. They will be Keihin or Mikuni carbs (see your carb for details ). Any bike shop, and certainly any dealership with a dyno on site should be able to sell you jets, alternatively contact the importers for the appropriate brand.

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
Anyone know where i might be able to get some bits required for some Suzuki carbs (besides Suzuki main dealers)??

I need a few viton o-rings (6mm) for the inter carb fuel lines and also a small spring that pushes the inter carb linkage against the adjuster screw.

Any suppliers out there that anyone has used??

Also, can anyone recommend a jet size for a standard 2L Pinto to get the car through SVA and to the rolling road. Standard ones are 125's which i am guessing might be a touch small. Is there anything other than jets needs doing to the carbs such as air holes getting blocked etc??

Ta muchly

[Edited on 12/2/09 by Paul TigerB6]

will121

posted on 12/2/09 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
ive got a set of 4 mikuni main jets 165 size which were to big for my zx6 1600cvh setup and a spring 10mm long 6mm dia if of use £10 posted, otherwise should be able to get universal Orings and springs to suit and jets from a mike shop with a dyno

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.