Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Driving to SVA
tendoshingan

posted on 15/2/09 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
Driving to SVA

I have my SVA date coming up and just wanted someone to confirm that, as long as I have insurance, it will be ok to drive to the SVA test.

If anyone has a copy of the relevant paperwork regarding this, in case of stoppage by the plods, that would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Ian

RichardK

posted on 15/2/09 at 12:17 AM Reply With Quote
The letter I got from vosa in December stressed that it wasn't allowed to be driven there and had to be trailored.

I've heard of others driving but as this letter was so implicit I trailored mine there.

Sorry, cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Lars

posted on 15/2/09 at 12:34 AM Reply With Quote
That's strange. I drove mine, and the SVA tester also acknowledged that I was allowed to drive it to SVA, but not an MOT.
Also any fail points I could have driven to a garage with a pre arranged appointment to have fixed.

Lars

posted on 15/2/09 at 12:37 AM Reply With Quote
Just checked, and my SVA appointment letter specifically states what I said above.

I just took this with me in case I was stopped.

ReMan

posted on 15/2/09 at 01:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lars
Just checked, and my SVA appointment letter specifically states what I said above.

I just took this with me in case I was stopped.

Mine did too.
This was the only place I had it in writing.
Many old posts including mine that support this

[Edited on 15/2/09 by ReMan]

nitram38

posted on 15/2/09 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
My last sva was 3 years ago but then I asked vosa and the wimbledon dvla they both said ok for sva but not ok for dvla inspection.
Hence I drove to sva with insurance and then got the dvla to come out and inspect the car.

Shamrock GS

posted on 15/2/09 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Likewise above - I had to get the man from VOSA to come and visit for his bit but after that I could drive to the test. As it happened I was lent a trailler so didn't need to.

Gary

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Danozeman

posted on 15/2/09 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

The letter I got from vosa in December stressed that it wasn't allowed to be driven there and had to be trailored.

It says on the bottom of my confirmation letter that you are allowd to drive it to the test and my tester confirmed this.

Sureterm also told me i was allowd when i insured it.

I think they like you to aswell as it shows you trust your car and if its got there it cant be that bad!

You cant drive it to DVLA for inspection.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

IDONTBELEIVEIT

posted on 15/2/09 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
heres what i got back from V.O.S.A
i'm driving Rescued attachment DSCN2299.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCN2299.JPG

Are We There Yet, Are We There Yet!!!!

andrew.carwithen

posted on 15/2/09 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hmmm....Just to add further confusion, I had my SVA date confirmation letter earlier this week and having read the 'booking conditions' on the back, there is no reference whatsoever as to whether you are allowed to drive to the test or not!
I reckon its a later, revised edition to that of 'IDONTBELIEVEIT's' letter above. (mine's marked 'Re.October 2007' in bottom l/h corner of rear of letter)

rusty nuts

posted on 15/2/09 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
I got stopped on the way home after SVA, showed the guy my insurance, licence and MAC . All he said was is Norwich your nearest SVA center ? and nice car ,bet you get stopped again before you get home. Just to confuse things Peterborough DVLA told me it was OK to drive to inspection.
RichardK

posted on 16/2/09 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Whoops, got confused with the dvla inspection that I had to trailor it to after sva.

Sorry for the confusion.

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.