Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Electrostatic Magic powdercoat system
Vindi_andy

posted on 30/6/09 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Electrostatic Magic powdercoat system

Anyone else order one of these at Newark for delivery as they were out of stock?

They said they should have more in Thursday last week for despatch Friday but not received anything yet

MikeRJ

posted on 30/6/09 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
I bought mine from Exeter last year when they were out of stock, and it took a couple of weeks to get it.

BTW, don't bother trying to use a hot air gun on anything bigger than a small bracket, it just doesn't work properly and the coating falls off.

Vindi_andy

posted on 30/6/09 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the comment re the heat gun mike looks like im going to argos at the weekend for a cheap table top oven

Got a reply from them to say they had had a problem with their delivery but should be with me thurs friday

Do you think it would be a good Idea to have an extra cup as I am having 2 colours, black and orange and dont really want them mixing.

MikeRJ

posted on 30/6/09 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Mine came with two cups, and I don't remember specificaly ordering an extra one!
Vindi_andy

posted on 1/7/09 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
OK thanks mike Looking forward to getting it and having a play.

Got some small brackets and plates to do so the heat gun should be ok for them even if my arm starts to ache lol Just reread the instruction 10 mins after the surface temp reaches 180.

vindicator

posted on 1/7/09 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Well I hope you would hurry up as I have 8 wheel arch fixings that need coating and am going back to Alg*** again in less than 1 week for two weeks....so if I get them to you by next Tuesday, could they be ready in 3 weeks time.....

regards

TimR

timr.spaces.live.com---build blog

Vindi_andy

posted on 2/7/09 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Received the system this morning with 1 bag of black and 1 bag of orange gloss.

Tim if I can get some fairing bolts as discussed ill try my stainlees bolts to see how they work unless you can get your bolts across to me

Got a couple of small brackets that wont get seen much to practice with first guess thatll be tonight

Vindi_andy

posted on 2/7/09 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
ok quick update. Had a quick try tonight and it looks good although there are a couple of things to sort out but if you want to get your fixings across here tim ill get em done as soon as poss.

We are going on holiday 2 weeks today but im off all that week so I should be able to get the done and back in the post by then.

vindicator

posted on 3/7/09 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Andy,

Thanks for that, I'll see if I can get some new ones on Saturday, I'll get 16 just in case.

Which side of Coventry do you work as I am north of B'ham airport and can get into coventry in 15-20 mins. We could meet up at lunch time or at night as I am going to the south brum meeting on the m40 later in the evening.

Does not matter when I get them back as I will be away for 2 weeks and then I am going on 4 weeks leave for the whole of August up in Scotland.

TimR

timr.spaces.live.com---build blog

Vindi_andy

posted on 3/7/09 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Tim u2u sent.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.