Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Orange sim in a tesco mobile phone ??
Andybarbet

posted on 10/1/10 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Orange sim in a tesco mobile phone ??

Does anyone know if this will work ?

My mum has been given a brand new tesco mobile phone by the old lady that she cares for, its an LG something - we are trying to find out if we can put an orange sim in it ? Unfortunately i dont live that close to pop down and check for her and she is scared of trying it on her own.

She keeps telling me shes now got bluetooth problem is, she doesn't even know what bluetooth is

Tried a quick internet search but didn't turn anything up.

Cheers Andy

Ninehigh

posted on 10/1/10 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
It depends, it could be locked to Tesco which means the orange sim won't work. However best case scenario is you need to enter a code to unlock it, worst case is you need to take it to one fo those mobile places and they can do it for about a fiver.

Iirc when I tried my Orange sim in swmbo's O2 phone it asked for a "special code" so I imagine if you could get hold of that you're laughing

RAYLEE29

posted on 10/1/10 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
stick it in and see if it works if not youll need to get it unlocked or get a tesco sim for it.
tried loads of sims in loads of phones never caused a prob with the phone if they didnt work either
Ray

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 10/1/10 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Tescos service is piggy backed to 02....
so unless the phone is not simlocked it will have to be sorted to work on Orange.
Virgin is piggy back on to TMobile
T Mobile is soon to be joining up to Orange to make the biggest network of all the providers.

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 10/1/10 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Just for you i have tried an Orange sim card in an LG cookie phone on Tesco and it comes up usim locked I told the wife having 3 phones on 2 networks was a good idea

Andybarbet

posted on 10/1/10 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for that, i just spoke to my mum and it is infact an LG cookie - i think i will just get her to stick with the Tesco sim card then, im sure they will port her number over.
Thanks from my mum for the replys

Cheers Andy

trikerneil

posted on 10/1/10 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
I ported my T-mobile number to Tesco a few months ago, all worked brilliantly.

Neil

ACE Cafe - Just say No.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 11/1/10 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
Tescos service is piggy backed to 02....
so unless the phone is not simlocked it will have to be sorted to work on Orange.
Virgin is piggy back on to TMobile
T Mobile is soon to be joining up to Orange to make the biggest network of all the providers.

Oh jeez all they have to do now is join up with 3 and they'll be the biggest pile of poo since, well ever....

Mr G

posted on 11/1/10 at 01:10 AM Reply With Quote
If you have the usb cable that came with the cookie you and you've got your head screwed on you can unlock the cookie for free using software.

EXAMPLE

The other way is to get an i-smartsim which physically allows you to unlock a wide range of phones you put it in

LINKY

G

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.