Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Injector - Manifold fitting.
r1_pete

posted on 26/5/10 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Injector - Manifold fitting.

I'm in the process of modifying a manifold to take modern push in injectors, its an old XJ6 manifold which had stepped injectors.

Question is,
Am I ok to bore straight through with the push fit diameter, and leave the injector body to shoulder up against the manifold,
OR
Do I need to leave a step in the bottom of the injector hole??

Cheers.
Pete.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 26/5/10 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Well some people just use copper t-pieces which don't have a shoulder so I think a straight bore should be okay (though if you get lots of leaks don't blame me ).
will121

posted on 26/5/10 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
are you refering to the injector end going into the manifold or the fuel rail? if into the manifold would think depends on what type of injectors you are using and how they seal up against manifold either at end, shoulder lip or o ring?
r1_pete

posted on 26/5/10 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
They're O Ring seal, I've bored the manifold to take the injectors now, a really tight push fit, needed a dab of rubber lube to get them in.

The following pics tell a better story, if I've made an arse of it, its not a great loss, but let me know what you think, next job is the fuel rail.

Injector
Injector

Injectors1
Injectors1

Injectors2
Injectors2

[Edited on 26/5/10 by r1_pete]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
will121

posted on 27/5/10 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
i would say look fine to me, with a good seal and in far enough to suit spray pattern, are you looking for fuel rail to be utilised to secure injectors?
r1_pete

posted on 27/5/10 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I've an alloy rail blank, boring that and fitting the support brackets is the next job, then need to cut and shut the manifold to get it to clear the engine frame.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.