Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: subaru rb5
BATHO

posted on 5/8/11 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
subaru rb5

Hi people's been thinking of getting a subaru and would like to know your thought's on the RB5.
Got about £3000 to spend.

OR is there a better model to get.

martin

david_hornet27

posted on 5/8/11 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Nice cars, but I think you'll struggle to get a decent one for £3K. Good luck though.
Proby

posted on 5/8/11 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
RB5 is just a special edition Turbo 2000, they have limited edition paint, 17" speedline rims, different red/grey trim spec, front fog covers and a numbered plaque. It really depends what you want from it and if your planning on going for more power. They are only circa 215bhp from the factory. £3000 is not a great amount of money for a scoob (don't take that the wrong way please), there are lots of crap about in that price range. Jap import STI will start you at 280bhp and have a partly forged engine, giving a much better base for tuning. I've just sold a 1999 UK turbo, 52K genuine miles, Full black leather, A/C, prodrive suspension, prodrive 17" rims all factory fitted, for £3350. If you need any particular advice on scoobs, by all means drop me a U2U and I'll try and help you out.

[Edited on 5/8/11 by Proby]

BATHO

posted on 5/8/11 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, yes i've looked at two RB5's now and one had rust on the rear arches plus some welding for mot. The other had rust on the roof by the front screen. I no the classic shape is getting on a bit now and as you said £3000 is not a lot really i didn't think they would be that bad. Both had covered 100,000 one had full history. I just want a nice clean standard car and the RB5 is a little different and not many made.

martin

JoelP

posted on 5/8/11 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
I keep looking at the legacy twin turbos, but once i think about buying one, i end up looking at volvo t5s. You can get a 55 plate for £3k.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

matt_gsxr

posted on 5/8/11 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I keep looking at the legacy twin turbos, but once i think about buying one, i end up looking at volvo t5s. You can get a 55 plate for £3k.

ALERT>> Step away from the AutoTrader, you are getting old. (I know as I did the same thing)

spiderman01980

posted on 6/8/11 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
go for an inport, doors boot and bonnet are alluminium unlike the uk specs are steel(not sure bout the rb5), the one i had was 270hp standard, the only problem is when you trying to get insurance and parts, they make a big fuss cos its an import!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.