Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt help required
monck

posted on 11/3/12 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt help required

Im after someone with knowledge of mega-squirt to come give me a hand
If possible someone with a laptop that can connect to my ecu or has the skills to make mine connect to it if possible ( i cant seem to get it to )

I have a MS2 EXTRA V3 ECU

I have wired everything up to the diagram i turn ignition on and pump comes on then stops after a a few sec's the lamba is also warming at this point if i try to turn it over it will but no sign's of starting ....

I took a plug out turned it over an it has no spark , Took coil pack plug of and checked the 12v feed with meter and it has power

Also i cant smell fuel so i don't think the injectors are spraying/firing ..... My fuel reg's set to 3 bar

As you can properly tell by how i have explained thing's im no expert
i would just take it to bailey performance but that £250 i haven't got spare atm and the cars in that many bits its a pain untill its back together for someone who's done it before could properly work it out quite easily ..

Im prepared to offer some beer tokens, a bacon butty and as many tea's coffees as you can drink to anyone who will come and give us a hand ....

i live in Nantwich Cheshire CW5

Ryan

[Edited on 11/3/12 by monck]

JAMSTER

posted on 11/3/12 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
have you looked on you tube extra efi lots of help on there
scudderfish

posted on 11/3/12 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
You _have_ to get your laptop talking to the ECU. Does it have a serial port or are you using a USB adapter?

From the symptoms you describe, I would guess that the ECU is not seeing your engine turning over, so it isn't sparking or squirting. I quick thing to try is to swap the connections on your VR sensor, if they are wrong you'll get what you describe. If your laptop was working you'd see the RPM gauge stay at zero when cranking (should be around 100-150rpm)

Regards,
Dave

monck

posted on 11/3/12 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
I have a tried to connect to it with my dell inspiron with XP

Im using a usb cable as my laptop hasn't got a serial port the ecu came with both cables ..

i have been told serial ports are easier and USB are common to have trouble with .

I will try to swap vr wires over now thanks for info so far i will also check out youtube

Ryan

monck

posted on 11/3/12 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
I think my vr wires were wrong i had the red on the ve- and the blue on ve+ witch according to my diagram is wrong .. Opps

Still had no spark after swapping though

This is my diagram

http://www.extraefi.co.uk/Drawings/PDF_Files/WiringLoom_VR_Hall.pdf

Im going to read up on trying to get the laptop to connect tonight

BaileyPerformance

posted on 11/3/12 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Ryan,

Have sent you a U2U.

Don't forget you are booked in for 31/3 so please let me know asap if you wish to cancel.

If you do get your engine running dont attempt to drive it unless you know what the fuelling is doing (you need a wideband lambda) as its a new engine you may damage it if too rich. (borewash)

Cheers Dale.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulf

posted on 11/3/12 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Have you a desk top with a proper serial port that you could move to the garage or make up a long serial lead to connect it with?.Usb ports always seem to cause problems , often the megasquirt is looking for the wrong port onthe laptop.
Paul
quote:
Originally posted by monck
I think my vr wires were wrong i had the red on the ve- and the blue on ve+ witch according to my diagram is wrong .. Opps

Still had no spark after swapping though

This is my diagram

http://www.extraefi.co.uk/Drawings/PDF_Files/WiringLoom_VR_Hall.pdf

Im going to read up on trying to get the laptop to connect tonight

monck

posted on 14/3/12 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
I have a laptop with serial port now so ill let you know if i have more luck

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.