Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Terraclean
austin man

posted on 2/7/12 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Terraclean

Seen this system advertised apparently it clean out and decokes the fuel system and engine and reduces emissions to boot has anyone tried it if so whats the feedback, A garage local to me is offering this for £90.00 it is also claimed that it can help restore lost power I think this would be due to the decoking abilities

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Davegtst

posted on 2/7/12 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Why not just put an additive in the tank every time you fill up for a few weeks. seems alot of money for a glorified additive despenser.
austin man

posted on 2/7/12 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
apparently its pumped through the fuel system and drasically reduces emmissions etc My T5 transporter is coming up to the 200K mark so is likely to be a little gunked up it still managed 134 BHP on the rollers though with a Few Hundred ft of torque

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Simon

posted on 2/7/12 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
This might be the system they used on Wheeler Dealers to clean upo the emissions on an XK8 which, pre use was way over limits and after was so clean it was ridiculous. Two different aerosols screwed to a machine which was plumbed into vehicle fuel system and left to run for an hour or so. Deffo better then a head off decoke.

ATB

Simon

MakeEverything

posted on 3/7/12 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
Why not just put an additive in the tank every time you fill up for a few weeks. seems alot of money for a glorified additive despenser.

Not a bad idea. Have you got any?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Bluemoon

posted on 3/7/12 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Humm could be snake oil.. But then again may be very good, if it removes carbon build up without nackering somthing. Reminds me of redex...

[Edited on 3/7/12 by Bluemoon]

Chippy

posted on 3/7/12 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Ahhh! Redex, still got a tin of that in the cupboard, keep meaning to stick some in the tank, but it's so old, (like me), that I feel loath to use it, become like an old friend, Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.