Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: megasquirt-2 little help
ozzy69

posted on 9/11/13 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
megasquirt-2 little help

Hello folks i am new to the mega s seen and need a little help first of i have a blacktop zetec with gsxr1000 bodies and mega,s 2 i am just in the middle of wiring it up but i dont have anywhere to put the air temp sensor as i have small filters per cylinder ,a friend told me just to cable tie it to one of the filters(will this work) next of is there any benefits performance wise of having the o2 sensor wired in to the ecu? And lastly is there a basic map to start with for the blacktop with gsxr1000 bodies and fingers crossed there is where would i go about getting of of it.
matt_gsxr

posted on 9/11/13 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Air temp sensor as your mate suggested should be fine.

You might want to provide a more details description of your location as that may encourage people to engage.
Some very helpful people on here, but 1st post and limited details tend to discourage.

Matt

p.s. welcome.

ozzy69

posted on 9/11/13 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
Air temp sensor as your mate suggested should be fine.

You might want to provide a more details description of your location as that may encourage people to engage.
Some very helpful people on here, but 1st post and limited details tend to discourage.

Matt

p.s. welcome.
Thanks mark sorry i had just registered to this site and was in a hurry but i will stick my info in,my car is actually a fiesta mk2 xr2 built for track and i have spent the last three nights strait after my work looking for some info and this site seems to be the place with all the knowledge.

dave_424

posted on 9/11/13 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Like suggested, air temp will be fine at the filter.

There isn't really any performance gain from having a wideband AFR meter, when you go and have it tuned somewhere they will be able to stick a meter in the exhaust for mapping. However if you are going to do some tuning yourself (to drive to the mapping centre) or plan on doing all of the euning yourself, then I would say it's essential. If you are getting it mapped somewhere then I would still suggest it, you may find that in the warmer weather (if your car was mapped in the winter) could throw your AFR off, without the gauge you would have no idea. Also it helps you diagnose any problems that might occur later along the line like a dodgy injector or clogged fuel filter.

I bought the Innovate MTX-L wideband which was by far the cheapest, it's also marketed as water resistant and suitable for use on motorbikes which would help in an open top kit car, wires straight into the megasquirt with 1 wire

Dave

ozzy69

posted on 9/11/13 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave_424
Like suggested, air temp will be fine at the filter.

There isn't really any performance gain from having a wideband AFR meter, when you go and have it tuned somewhere they will be able to stick a meter in the exhaust for mapping. However if you are going to do some tuning yourself (to drive to the mapping centre) or plan on doing all of the euning yourself, then I would say it's essential. If you are getting it mapped somewhere then I would still suggest it, you may find that in the warmer weather (if your car was mapped in the winter) could throw your AFR off, without the gauge you would have no idea. Also it helps you diagnose any problems that might occur later along the line like a dodgy injector or clogged fuel filter.

I bought the Innovate MTX-L wideband which was by far the cheapest, it's also marketed as water resistant and suitable for use on motorbikes which would help in an open top kit car, wires straight into the megasquirt with 1 wire

Dave
Thanks dave the fez has a brand new lambda but was unsure if it was only to do with imitations thinking it would be telling ecu to calm down with the fuel etc to save the planet but it will be getting connected now.My plan was to get a autometer and hook the lambda to that but i take it the magasquirt would work like an autometer?I still have many nights on reading about the ms2 so all is new to me just now.

omega 24 v6

posted on 9/11/13 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hey I am in Fraserburgh Scotland as well. Built Installed and tuned my own squirt V2.2

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

ozzy69

posted on 9/11/13 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Its a small town i will prob no you do you have an email i can get to mail you bud
omega 24 v6

posted on 9/11/13 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
You have a U2U

ozzy69

posted on 9/11/13 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
no bud i dont even no what it is but i can sign up if its easy anuff haha
omega 24 v6

posted on 9/11/13 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Look at the top of the page under the paypal notice. U2U is a form of personal messaging on this site

ozzy69

posted on 9/11/13 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
feek it i just deleted the message by mistake i couldn't open message.
omega 24 v6

posted on 9/11/13 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
sent it again. Nae sure if you can read U2u until you are verified on the site though.
Emailing u now.

ozzy69

posted on 9/11/13 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
spot on cheerz

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.