Author: Subject: Latest pic
richijenkin

posted on 2/5/05 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Latest pic

Dudes....

Just thought I'd upload my latest pic!!

April 2005
April 2005

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jack trolley

posted on 2/5/05 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Those cheap Screwfix workbenches have a max. load of 100Kg.
here

indykid

posted on 2/5/05 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
in theory, yes, but that would be a safety margin deducted.

in practice, they'll take me and my dad stood on one (plasterboarding ceiling, what can you say?) which must be about 160kg, 170 odd including the board.

i'd be more worried about a B&D workmate as there is no vertical tubes down to the floor in a straight run, just the latch to hold it.

anyway, nice car, looking good
tom

OX

posted on 2/5/05 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
lmao ,what you cant see on the work bench is the big whole made by the arc welder.
richi ask shed if you can borrow the stands he used

DarrenW

posted on 3/5/05 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by indykid
in theory, yes, but that would be a safety margin deducted.

i'd be more worried about a B&D workmate as there is no vertical tubes down to the floor in a straight run, just the latch to hold it.

anyway, nice car, looking good
tom

Dont worry about the workmates. I used to be the production supervisor and Senior Manufacturing Engineer on the Workmate production line at Black & Decker. They were load tested to around 500Kg (not all of them, just a test sample every shift). We also tested them to destruction to test the rivets, latches and welds.
Of course they are not warranted to this load but it shows that manufactureres do at times add large safety factors. (Iam referring to the proper workmates here (536, 750's etc etc not the daft little scissor cheapo one that is made under license elsewhere).

(This thread in no way implies that you should overload any support device beyond the manufacturers stated max safe working loads. No workmates are stated to be OK to stand on. Also strength is compromised if you accidently saw through the jaws!!!!).

Peteff

posted on 3/5/05 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Also strength is compromised if you accidently saw through the jaws!!!!).

What idiot would do that? Does drilling through them count as well?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

richijenkin

posted on 3/5/05 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
lol..., my mate wanted to test his tig welding skills on the legs of my bench and put a big hole in it. Maybe he might want to test his saw out someday???

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tractorboy

posted on 3/5/05 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
its not just the work mate you need to worry about .. but you may need a few "workmates" to help you lift it off the tressels! especially when you have to put a set of wheels on it too . just a thought.
scott

richijenkin

posted on 3/5/05 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
I'd like to keep it on them till its fully built. 3 people should do the trick

OX

posted on 3/5/05 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
lol rig,make sure that if mum helps you she completly moves the bench out of the way before she says its clear to put it down,i nearly put my back out when peter and me started to lower to find she hadnt pulled it out far anough

richijenkin

posted on 3/5/05 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
I was thinking if me and mum lift the car then gran can pull the stool out

Bananaman

posted on 4/5/05 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richijenkin
I was thinking if me and mum lift the car then gran can pull the stool out

if you're straining that much when you lift the car that Gran will need to pull the stools out then you have a problem. Buy some incontinence pants!!

Big cheers
Michael

Peteff

posted on 4/5/05 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Quick quick !

The turtle's getting curious. Go before you start lifting as the resulting straining may cause the stool to be a touch premature.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.