Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AM or PM
Mark Allanson

posted on 4/5/05 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
AM or PM

I have a 110 mile drive to my nearest SVA test centre, and 150 to my second choice.

I am just filling in the application, and Q7 gives me the option of AM or PM. I have heard that the test can take 6 hours, so when does PM start, and what time do they knock off?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

ady8077

posted on 4/5/05 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark

I had an AM appointment and mine took about 4 hours, ( at Derby, nice place ) but they did other cars throughout the day, as my car moved through the test lane others were tested behind

Mark Allanson

posted on 4/5/05 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
A PM would probably be better, to save a 4:00am start!!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Marcus

posted on 4/5/05 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
The advantage of AM is if you fail and can get it back PM, you may get a retest. Saves a journey.

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 4/5/05 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
I did have a very generous offer of an overnight stop over, maybe AM would be best in that case

Bananaman

posted on 5/5/05 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
I had my SVA at Exeter and i would recommend them. Both testers are very sensible and will go out of their way to answer questions and explain exactly what is required. Go for an AM test, it'll give you more time to sort any minor issues out in the event of of a failure.

I passed first time by the way!!!

Big cheers
Michael

barrie sharp

posted on 5/5/05 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
Mark Overnight stop still availible if needed .
Barrie

ps Am was good for me as said before gives time to adjust things if needed

[Edited on 5/5/05 by barrie sharp]

the cars looking good" a blind man would be pleased to see it"
''stop press'' the blind mans seen it said "it felt ok"

Mark Allanson

posted on 5/5/05 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
I think we will be taking you up on that,, if its OK - short blast down to Marsh Barton from your place

billy

posted on 5/5/05 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Mark. ill say this about byron in Exeter.....dont bother with centre mirror if you can see roll bar when you look in it. and make sure you got a nice field of view thro the side ones cos hes real strict on this. if you need to move your head to see the cones you gotta fail. watch your brake bias cos hes hot on that too- roll pin it so its not adjustable or he will test both extremes unsecured wiring is another one. that said hes a ok bloke and best not argue with him as its a powa thing keep him talking and the time will fly. oh if you wanna get on his good side tell him your gonna build a 5exi next as thats his m8 and he loves then best of luck m8

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

barrie sharp

posted on 6/5/05 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark I am 25miles away and you could follow me to work as I pass the sva centre on the way.
u2u me for details
Ive sent my phone no if you want to call

the cars looking good" a blind man would be pleased to see it"
''stop press'' the blind mans seen it said "it felt ok"

Mark Allanson

posted on 6/5/05 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Barry, your spoiling me!

Could you get a job as an inspector as well?

David Jenkins

posted on 6/5/05 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Mark,

Just an observation - you have a very long drive to whichever station you're going to, in a totally untested car. I only had an 80-mile round trip to Chelmsford, but came unstuck because of an unexpected engine problem.

I would strongly recommend taking your car on a trailer, if you can manage it (I did at the second attempt).

Good luck!
David

Mark Allanson

posted on 6/5/05 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Just trying to get a few 'rolling road' miles under my belt to make sure i get there

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.