Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: I think I beat the odds
derf

posted on 15/8/05 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
I think I beat the odds

To tell a quick story:

Boy start car, boy do lots of work, boy stopped building car. Boy takes a year off and car sits. Boy buys house, boy takes car. Car looks lonely so boy starts building again.

Anyway i had to take a break from building last year because of a few bussiness trips, family obligations and a whole slew of other reasons. a few weeks ago I bought and moved into my own house, and I still didnt think I would start to work on it yet. so yesterday out I just decided to go and mount my radiator, not a hard job, took me a few hours, but i got it done. It definatly gave me a great feeling to get something so visual done. I had a very good day and didnt do much except weld on a few small brackets, and lots of clearance checking but all day ive been thinking about what needs to be done next.

David Jenkins

posted on 15/8/05 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
It took me ages to build my car, occasionally I got into the doldrums, and in the end I made a pledge to myself - every occasion when I had a little bit of spare time I went out and did SOMETHING, no matter how small. It's amazing how those little jobs added up.

David

G.Man

posted on 15/8/05 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one...

Motivation is the key to action...

You have regained it

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

niceperson709

posted on 16/8/05 at 05:01 AM Reply With Quote
I just want to add my voice to David Jenkins stratagy , doo somthing every day no matter how small evenetually it gets done . I'm about eighteen months into my build and feel I'm getting there .How ever you get the enthuasim keep the goal in mind and dont make excuses to your self .........

Best wishes IAIN
life is not the rehearsal , it's the show so don't sit there thinking about it DO IT NOW
http://iainseven.wordpress.com/

scutter

posted on 16/8/05 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
Keep going my son,

I've have had my car in norfolk for a year whilst I was in scotland,
Started making the chassis in my brother in-laws barn 25 miles from the house with only a Honda genny for company,
But time a the occasional jolly out in other folks cars keeps you going.

Bottom line now 5 years after starting the SVA test is on Monday

Keep going you'll love it in the end.

ATB Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kiwirex

posted on 17/8/05 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Scutter:
> Bottom line now 5 years after starting the SVA test is on Monday

Good luck dude.

DarrenW

posted on 19/8/05 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
It took me ages to build my car, occasionally I got into the doldrums, and in the end I made a pledge to myself - every occasion when I had a little bit of spare time I went out and did SOMETHING, no matter how small. It's amazing how those little jobs added up.

David

Hear hear. never a truer word said. My build is quite quick - only 10 months in and it runs but i have still had time off for new baby etc. Some nights you step inside the garage and think i cant be bothered tonight. But a small job done and ticked off the list soon adds up to quite a few jobs done.

Its not the speed of build that counts but the satisfaction and quality when it is finished.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.