Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4AGE Idle problems
albertz

posted on 1/4/06 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
4AGE Idle problems

I have just completed a engine swap from the TVIS engine to the non TVIS engine. I used the original loom from the TVIS engine as far as possible and grafted the new ECU connectors onto the old loom (the connectors are different size), i matched everything up wire for wire and the engine starts and runs. The problem is that the tickover is about 2000-2500rpm and after the engine heats up it starts 'hunting' (dont know if thats the correct term), basically the revs start fluctuating quite dramtically. It seems like it is maybe sucking unmetered air from somwhere, but i certainly cant see anything obvious. More likely to be an ECU related issue.

Has anyone out there got any ideas or suggestions? I know its difficult to pinpoint on my poor description!

As soon as i blip the throttle it revs quite happily.

By the way i have fiddled with the distributor and it is currenlty sitting in the middle of its available slot travel.

Any help appreciated.

BTW - I havent driven the car yet with the new engine, so i have no real idea how it is going to perform under load.

[Edited on 1/4/06 by albertz]

Rob Lane

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
Albert,
Sounds like you have one of the small air ports open. Does it sound 'hissy'. Mines very quiet on tickover air wise.

I'm off out just now but when I return I'll check the ports and list them with pics.
Rob

albertz

posted on 3/4/06 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Rob

Thanks that would be very useful and appreciated.

Cheers
Andrew

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.