Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA Pass!
jamesbond007ltk

posted on 2/11/06 at 02:26 AM Reply With Quote
SVA Pass!

Well......I passed my SVA today!
DVLA have been messing me about all day saying I need an MOT

Got a phone call around 5 o'clock in which they came cap in hand and admitted they were wrong!

All doc are being prepared for 9am tommorow

marshall

posted on 2/11/06 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
hi i passed my sva on monday and i sent the V55/5 and the V627/1 forms back yesterday to the BRISTOL office and now it is a waiting game as the man who dose the home inspection is away as his wife has had a baby.the man said he will not get to me until to December.please let me now how you got on .by the way did you take your car there ?for them to cheque.
James

posted on 2/11/06 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulations Mr Bond.

Marshall,
You know you can have the inspection long before SVA?
What about registering via different office. One with an inspector not on paternity leave. If all you've done is SVA there's no reason to stick with Bristol.

All the best,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

doughie

posted on 2/11/06 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
congratulations
TimC

posted on 2/11/06 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Congrats!

I'm back in Monmouth for 6 weeks from this weekend - I'll have to come and have a look!

jamesbond007ltk

posted on 2/11/06 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Bent the law slightly and drove the car to the DVLA on the way back from SVA! Had a fag outside with the inspector and persuaded him to fit the inspection in!
Having grilled the manager yesterday i guarantee they wont be asking you for an MOT!

Rich

quote:
Originally posted by marshall
hi i passed my sva on monday and i sent the V55/5 and the V627/1 forms back yesterday to the BRISTOL office and now it is a waiting game as the man who dose the home inspection is away as his wife has had a baby.the man said he will not get to me until to December.please let me now how you got on .by the way did you take your car there ?for them to cheque.

DavidM

posted on 2/11/06 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Very well done!

David

Proportion is Everything

greggors84

posted on 2/11/06 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Well done!

I had a bit of a mare with the DVLA, Luton said I didnt need an inspection as I had a chassis number, after SVA they told me I did. Ended up going to the Oxford one as thats where I am living at the moment and their testing station was alot more convenient.

After passing the SVA over 3 weeks ago, finally got the plates on Monday. Cars looks strange with plates on!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

RobC

posted on 2/11/06 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
well done fella... mine passed yesterday and I am hopefully to get it registered on Tuesday at Bristol with help from a friend and his trailer...
Bananaman

posted on 3/11/06 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
We don't have a DVLA inspection problem in Cornwall. The chap that does it has decided that as he will only be looking for exactly the same things as the SVA inspector then what is the point of him looking at the car. Very sensible chap and very fast with the documents.

Not only do we have the best countryside, but we must have the best DVLA inspector as well

wilkingj

posted on 3/11/06 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Well done...

Chelmsford DVLA, took a load of photos of the car.. maybe he was just impressed!..

I visited them after passing the SVA a mile up the road. I was grilled over why I went to Chelmsford DVLA when my area office is Peterborough. Simple answer... SVA and DVLA office 1 mile apart, and peterborough is 80 miles in the opposice direction to chelmsford they could see the logic.

They still took a week to send me the paperwork with the authority to buy plates.
Alll worth it in the end.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.