Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ATTACK! CCTV?
coozer

posted on 20/5/07 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
ATTACK! CCTV?

Saturday night saw our house get rained down with bricks and rocks front and back. No real damage just dints in me garage door and scars on the windows. How they didn't break with half bricks thrown at them I don't know. House now has some scars to show!
My greenhouse got a brick through it as well but its made of plastic so I was able to fix that ok.
We have some problems with my ex wife and kids even though I've been divorced for 15 years! They just don't like to see me enjoying myself.

I dialed 999 but the coppers didn't turn up until this morning!

After putting up a cctv camera a while ago after some agro its not working correctly.

Anyone recommend a decent camera that is good for during the night that can run 24hrs?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

graememk

posted on 20/5/07 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
you need a couple of infered flood lights

ebay

[Edited on 20/5/07 by graememk]

coozer

posted on 20/5/07 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
you need a couple of infered flood lights

Infrared floodlights... I presume they throw an invisible light to help the camera see??

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Hellfire

posted on 20/5/07 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Fcuk the camera. You need a few mates armed with baseball bats. Fight fire with fire.

Phil

[Edited on 20-5-07 by Hellfire]

oadamo

posted on 20/5/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
b&q sell some good ones ive got the ones that come on on sensors so you dont have to watch hours of tape. they have infa red but its not very good at night at long distance but i put some flood lights up and its perfect now
adam

you dont want any that run 24hrs cus how are you going to watch it all. if you fast forward to watch it you miss loads of things that happen. like a brick in the air hitting your car
adam

[Edited on 20/5/07 by oadamo]

coozer

posted on 20/5/07 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
I want to run it 24hrs just so I can check it if something happens.

I've got a spare pc with 300gb HDD that will record over 10 months of mpg4 footage!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

flak monkey

posted on 20/5/07 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Get some big feck orf flood lights and set them up so they come on if anyone walks past the front/back/side of your house. That way there will be enough light for the cameras.

Infra red is good, but the decent ones are very expensive indeed. Especially if you need fairly long range vision.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

oadamo

posted on 20/5/07 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I want to run it 24hrs just so I can check it if something happens.

I've got a spare pc with 300gb HDD that will record over 10 months of mpg4 footage!

if you tape 24 hrs it will take you 24hrs to watch it all lol trust me you dont want to record 24hrs. and you will end up fast forwarded in it and you will miss loads adam

oadamo

posted on 20/5/07 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
my front gardens about 30ft-40ft wide and it covers all of it so if anyone walks up the drive or over the wall it starts recording and because its on pir you can have mutiple cams on aswell for the back of the house
adam

rgrs

posted on 20/5/07 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
ok, this is what i do for a living so don't waste money on naff systems from diy stores try someone like y3k
they will deal direct wth you. Just remember if you have a digital system you have to register and comply with data protection otherwise you can end up in more trouble than the people you are trying to catch.

Try and use a system that only records when it detects movement, these are available in both digital and analogue (VCR) it will make finding events a lot easier.
Good Luck

Scoob

posted on 21/5/07 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
At my house, weve got a camera, That only comes on when it detects movement etc, And then when it does it can either record video, take a pic, or both. And these save onto a built in SD card. Ill try and find a link, but i think we got it from Argos. Only one bad point, The viewing angle isnt that big, But its enough to fir a car, and a motorbike in, around 6 foot away from it.

Hope this helps.

jon_boy

posted on 21/5/07 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
I have a tasty air rifle and a big torch to see things in the dark. Not that thats related of course.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.