Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rocker Cover Gasket
Furious D

posted on 29/6/07 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Rocker Cover Gasket

Need a new one for the Tiger. I have tried phoning Ford, not much help.....

What car is it for......
What year is it........

It is a 2.0L Pinto, can anyone help, would like to get it today. Does anyone have the part number for Ford and then i will phone another parts department.

Cheers
D

Furious D

posted on 29/6/07 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Are they all the same for a 2.0L Pinto then?
D

UncleFista

posted on 29/6/07 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
It'll be cheaper to source gaskets from your local motor factors.
I called at a dealers last week for an inlet and exhaust gasket for a Zetec, they wanted £40, I got a full top-end set on ebay for £35...

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

bilbo

posted on 29/6/07 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
IIRC later pinto heads (certainly the Injection models, but may be others as well) had a wider rocker cover gasket. It may be that they're interchangeable, but I'm not sure. Do you know where your head came from, it's age?

---------------------------------------

Build Diary: http://bills-locost.blogspot.com/
Web Site: http://locost.atspace.com

thesnake505

posted on 29/6/07 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
there are two types of rocker cover for the pinto engine, one has a wide sealing face one has a narrow face, have a look at which u have then go to local motor factors it will be a couple of quid, if un sure about gasket needed, remove the old one and take it in to the shop, compare to the new one :-) hope this helps
Furious D

posted on 29/6/07 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thesnake505
there are two types of rocker cover for the pinto engine, one has a wide sealing face one has a narrow face, have a look at which u have then go to local motor factors it will be a couple of quid, if un sure about gasket needed, remove the old one and take it in to the shop, compare to the new one :-) hope this helps

I think that this is going to be the best option. Will take it off tonight then get one tomorrow morning.

Cheers
D

marshall

posted on 29/6/07 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
have you tryed burton motorsport they
do all ford spare parts....

DarrenW

posted on 29/6/07 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
gaskets for classics will be your freind. They have helped me out loads in the past. Great to deal with.

Furious D

posted on 29/6/07 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
gaskets for classics will be your freind. They have helped me out loads in the past. Great to deal with.

Looks like a good website. Just spoken to local motor factors but thanks for that.
D

DarrenW

posted on 29/6/07 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
No probs F.

Local factors always get my cash first but GFC do some obscure stuff for old cars as well that are hard to get hold of. Last gasket set was only £35 or so and i was amazed how good the customer service was for such a low order. Their head bolts were a good price as well.

jollygreengiant

posted on 29/6/07 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bilbo
IIRC later pinto heads (certainly the Injection models, but may be others as well) had a wider rocker cover gasket. It may be that they're interchangeable, but I'm not sure. Do you know where your head came from, it's age?

The mating face is the same on the heads. the only difference between any of the pinto's was with the rocker box flange. The later rocker boxes also had special load spreading washers that went between the bolt and cover.
Genuine ford gaskets also had anti squash pins in the gasket either side of each bolt hole.

Later rocker covers when measured from outside of cover to edge of lip the distance is approx 20mm. Early cover the same distance is about 10mm.

Hope this helps.

[Edited on 29/6/07 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.