Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: e-bay problem
chrisg

posted on 6/3/08 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
e-bay problem

I've got a little problem with e-bay and I'm not sure what to do.

I bought a part and the seller doesn't take paypal, now he won't send me his address for me to send a cheque, I presume because he doesn't think he's got enough for it.

How do I stand, should I contact e-bay?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

balidey

posted on 6/3/08 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
When you complete the check out you should be given his address then.
onzarob

posted on 6/3/08 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Basically he saying he has withdrawn it from sale, I suppose thats ok btter to know now than after he has cashed the cheque.

I do think this is the grey area of ebay, I know its a legal contract etc, but how can you force someone to part with something if they havent even taken the money. I think you'll have to let it go.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 6/3/08 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
You could try requesting an invoice. Doesnt this give the postal address??

Does sound like he doesnt want to sell though - maybe he didnt get as much as he wanted for it. If this is the case then i guess all you can do is either forget about it or raise a dispute through ebay

speedyxjs

posted on 6/3/08 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
Contact ebay and if no help, start a compaint. The sale is a contract, if he doesnt cancel the auction before it ends, he should follow it through

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

chrisg

posted on 6/3/08 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
At the checkout it said "address not on file with e-bay" It's his first sale too.

I think I should contact e-bay, just to let them know that he's not reliable.

I realise I'll never get the part but I've had to bite the bullet and let things go for less than I wanted, surely this is why you can set a reserve?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

onzarob

posted on 6/3/08 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
I would still say, if he got the goods and you have the money then he can still withdraw the item for sale.

I would suspect that ebay couldn't make him sell it either, but i doubt they will let him re-advertise it.

chrisg

posted on 6/3/08 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
I've just checked - He's already re listed it!!!!!

iank

posted on 6/3/08 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
I'd start a dispute, not that it will get you anywhere.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

onzarob

posted on 6/3/08 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
I've just checked - He's already re listed it!!!!!

I would dispute it then. It may get you somewhere

Basic laws for the sale of goods, incorrectly priced you can withdraw it, but if you then try and sell it then it has to be the marked price

[Edited on 6-3-2008 by onzarob]

[Edited on 6-3-2008 by onzarob]

chrisg

posted on 6/3/08 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
If they don't do something and I don't get what I want for my next sale, does that mean that I can simply re list it?

The whole thing would collapse if everyone decides to do it.

I'm bloody fuming

Chris

iank

posted on 6/3/08 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
As he's effectively cheating them of their fee for setting a reserve they might do something. But I wouldn't put money on anything happening.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

balidey

posted on 6/3/08 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like you're not going to get it, so lets have some fun.
Post up the link and we can all ask silly Q's, bid it up, then retract bids. And have a final HUUUGE bid from a newly made user ID so he is then charged a massive final fee.

(assuming its not something embarasing?)

jono_misfit

posted on 6/3/08 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
As above, then you can give him an extra kicking by saying he cashed your cheque and never posted your item, oh and give him negative feedback sayign he stole your money.

I think ebays a crock'o's**te most of the time. If i can avoid it i do.

UncleFista

posted on 6/3/08 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
There's no legal obligation for the seller to honor a sale on ebay until the money has changed hands (a lot of discussion, but supposedly that's how the law stands).

Report him to ebay for not filling his details in, he'll either have to fill 'em in or be kicked off.

[Edited on 6/3/08 by UncleFista]

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

Guinness

posted on 6/3/08 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Come on Chris, what was it you wanted?

Or can't you say?

Mike

worX

posted on 6/3/08 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
I would do this also...
I wouldn't be that quick in sending this person a cheque anyway Chris!
Steve
quote:
Originally posted by balidey
sounds like you're not going to get it, so lets have some fun.
Post up the link and we can all ask silly Q's, bid it up, then retract bids. And have a final HUUUGE bid from a newly made user ID so he is then charged a massive final fee.

(assuming its not something embarasing?)

hardassfunk

posted on 6/3/08 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Start an item not recieved dispute and leave him negative feedback! that should garantee him not selling the item. he will still be charged the listing fee and Ebays 7.5% final value fee unless you both agree not to go through with the sale
oldtimer

posted on 6/3/08 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
The mystery item?

I know others have asked for a link but where is it?? ... or was it fluffy pink dice or something??!!..............
r1_pete

posted on 6/3/08 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Go on, post the link to the relisted item, stupid questions are real fun unless you're on the recieving end...

[Edited on 6/3/08 by r1_pete]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tjoh84

posted on 6/3/08 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
you can request adress from ebay support thats what i done before searh it under help on ebay
Jon Ison

posted on 6/3/08 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Chris is it something maybe a potential bidder would want to view ?

If so link me the item and I will ask for a postcode, addy so I can view before placing a bid on the item.........

You could always come along with me and a few others to view...........

ReMan

posted on 6/3/08 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Scum of the earth!!

Non sellers are worse than non payers in my book.
They have all the time in the world to list the item, set a reserve or starting price and so have much less excuse for not getting as much as they want for an item, than a buyer in the heat of the moment bidding more than they really want to spend.

String them up I say

Seriously I have had more trouble with non sellers than non payers in my 50/50 use of ebay.
Should chase them through ebay as much as possible and as said if not reciept mean they end up paying the fees, thats a good plan too, might stop them doing it again

turbodisplay

posted on 6/3/08 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
I once sold a 150 quid item that went for 30 on ebay. I honnered the sale, accepted as a risk of no reserve.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 6/3/08 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Gosh, so many replies!

It's a strap-on... no it's a Focus rear hub!

This is the re listed item.

new listing

and this is the one I won

original listing

Spot the difference, nothing from e bay yet

cheers

Chris

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.