Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I need some memory
RazMan

posted on 17/3/08 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
I need some memory

A long shot I know but ....... Anyone got a couple of 1Gb SODIMM PC2700 for a lappy?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 17/3/08 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Havent got any Raz, but crucial are good, have a memory matcher, are reasonable and deliver fast.

Link

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 17/3/08 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Crucial are asking around £50 each which seems a bit steep to me. Funky Giraffe are asking £33 which is a bit better but I wonder if it will be compatable with my ThinkPad T42.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

r1_pete

posted on 17/3/08 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thinkpad memory can be dodgy as far as interchangability it concerned, especially the T range. I've always used Crucial, they seem to know their stuff, and never had any compatibility problems, £50 does seem a bit steep, is that for a gig?

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 17/3/08 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
Crucial are asking around £50 each which seems a bit steep to me. Funky Giraffe are asking £33 which is a bit better but I wonder if it will be compatable with my ThinkPad T42.

Sorry i can't help but those prices are crazy. I work in electronic manufacturing and those things only cost a few pounds to make

onzarob

posted on 17/3/08 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Crucial are the best and great prices, I've never had any issues with there memory either
RazMan

posted on 17/3/08 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TGR-ECOSSE
...those prices are crazy. I work in electronic manufacturing and those things only cost a few pounds to make

I have to agree - I used to have my own electronic assembly business in the 80s making Apricot & BBC computers (remember them?) and I know the kind of profit margins involved

*edit* Best price I found was £25 from these guys
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230233181171
so I placed an order.

[Edited on 19-3-08 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.