Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: lost in post
theconrodkid

posted on 2/4/08 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
lost in post

i have a friend who i sent an e mail to via the standard microsoft thingy,she received said e mail and sent a reply(click on reply and send),i never received the reply,we tried this a few times and each time is the same,any ideas?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

eddymcclements

posted on 2/4/08 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe the "From" address configured in your Microsoft thingy doesn't match your actual e-Mail address? Don't know what you're using, but you might be able to get to the settnigs via the "Mail" icon in Control Panel.

Eddy

iank

posted on 2/4/08 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
It's possible your ISP is treating her ISP as a spam source and is blocking all emails from them.

Alternatively your a spam filter in your email client may be sticking them in a junk folder.

If she can send them to you successfully by typing in the name rather than using the reply button then as ^^^ your email may be miss-configured. Need to check the 'reply-to' setting as well as the 'from'

[Edited on 2/4/08 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

theconrodkid

posted on 2/4/08 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
ok,i can send mail to my self no probs,someone else using the same isp can send me mail using both typed and reply to my addy,maybe operator error?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

r1_pete

posted on 2/4/08 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
get the receiver to add the sender to their contacts list and re-try. This can happen with poorly configured mail gateways, and the contacts entry almost always corrects it.

[Edited on 2/4/08 by r1_pete]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 2/4/08 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for your input peeps,ill give it a go

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.