Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Police Incompitence....AGAIN!
DorsetStrider

posted on 21/5/08 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
Police Incompitence....AGAIN!

Just heard about THIS

More proof as if any was needed that we live in a police state. I can't beleive that the officer actually had the gall to to say what can and cant be tolerated after one of his officers had (when apparently driving illegally) killed a 16 girl in front of her friends. THEN, as if not satisfied with their days work, tasered and arrested one of her friends that was clearly (and understandably) in shock.

Sorry but after a LONG list of similar incidence I have NO respect for anyone wearing the uniform. Bring back mob rule... it's safer!

[Edited on 21/5/08 by DorsetStrider]

Who the f**K tightened this up!

coozer

posted on 21/5/08 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, I saw it on the local news and thought exactly the same. We are moving into a police state where as the gentleman from Northumbria police said we cannot tolerate that emotion spilling over into violence and disorder, but its OK for police to kill and use weapons against people out on the street.

I would also like to point out that if you go on strike in a dispute with your employer the police will come down very heavy on a crowd gathering... you just wait and see how many of them assemble when they start twisting on about there pay

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

indykid

posted on 21/5/08 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
sounds ever so slightly sensationalist to me. i think i'll wait for the on board evidence before i pass judgement.

100mph on residential streets? oh, yes, of course............ fair enough, put some quotes in but bloody hell, at least make them half credible! i thinkk they should stop putting news on the internet, or at least think a bit before they fill the page.

there's still no right for residents to start hurling bricks at anyone. end of. if her ex was getting arsey and wouldn't stop interfering when asked, then he had every reason to be tasered. it probably did him less damage than being batoned to stop.

yes, a police officer may have got it wrong. it doesn't make them wrong as an establishment though.

i don't know what the world's coming to
tom

Alfa145

posted on 21/5/08 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
Media sensationalism strikes again....
kendo

posted on 21/5/08 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
She was 16 and her ex was 23!?!
eznfrank

posted on 21/5/08 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
I think as above until the full story is established by the IPCC or whoever it's difficult to know what exactly happened.

100mph sounds like a very nice round figure to me, I'd be surprised if it was much more than 50. Not that that makes a difference overall, a kids still dead, however it may suggest the witness evidence was less than reliable?

oldtimer

posted on 21/5/08 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Terrible tragedy, loss of a young life. Copper probably distraught too. Really bad all round. No lights - sounds very odd.
Personally I wouldn't have my 16 year old daughter wandering the streets in a gang at 11:30 pm the night before her GCSEs.
Chasing after stolen cars on an estate, gangs of youths, etc, blame our broken society.

scootz

posted on 21/5/08 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
More proof... as if any were needed... that you are an arse!

To use a tragic incident such as this to push your obvious anti-police sentiments disgusts me (based on your previous nonsense thread about Prince Harry / Police speeding).

By all means, come back to us once the incident has been investigated and feel free to post your reactions based on the OUTCOME.

Until then, it may be an idea to keep your trap shut and stop peddling your infantile 'I'll believe whatever I'm told' crap.

For what it's worth, I too will be mightily pissed off if it transpires that a young girl died due to an illegal act committed by a Police Officer. I would also hope that he/she be dealt with accordingly and proportionately.

Until then, there is nothing more to comment on.

Your utter pish about us living in a police state has set me off... have you ever lived in a police state? I have! And let me tell you - it's nothing like the UK!

And mob-rule... ! Are you 12?

Finally, my best wishes go out to the family and friends of the young girl who has died.

Fozzie

posted on 21/5/08 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
More proof... as if any were needed... that you are an arse!

To use a tragic incident such as this to push your obvious anti-police sentiments disgusts me (based on your previous nonsense thread about Prince Harry / Police speeding).

By all means, come back to us once the incident has been investigated and feel free to post your reactions based on the OUTCOME.

Until then, it may be an idea to keep your trap shut and stop peddling your infantile 'I'll believe whatever I'm told' crap.

For what it's worth, I too will be mightily pissed off if it transpires that a young girl died due to an illegal act committed by a Police Officer. I would also hope that he/she be dealt with accordingly and proportionately.

Until then, there is nothing more to comment on.

Your utter pish about us living in a police state has set me off... have you ever lived in a police state? I have! And let me tell you - it's nothing like the UK!

And mob-rule... ! Are you 12?

Finally, my best wishes go out to the family and friends of the young girl who has died.

Very well put scootz!

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/5/08 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
There was a traffic patrol car a few months ago repeatedly over several days, driving without any lights on at all on the dual carriageway even though it was dark and the city’s streetlights were on., no doubt trying to sneak up on folk.

We also have a lot of emergency vehicles (mainly ambulance cars) that are thundering down the streets not using their sirens, I can believe the 100mph in that article from what I’ve seen here.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul TigerB6

posted on 21/5/08 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Media sensationalism????? Thats what the media do every day of the week in nigh on every story they print. But are you seriously trying to defend the police officer on this one?? Thats singular police officer not plural!!

From the article.......
"Police officers driving in marked patrol cars are instructed to use their sirens and flashing lights when responding to a 999 call or attempting to pull over a motorist."

So if its found that the officer not only didnt have his blues n two's going, but also didnt have his headlights going (which is an offence in its own!!!) dont you think this cop should be facing a minimum of death by dangerous driving?? Personally i'd like to see a charge of manslaughter myself if its found to be true!!!

Duncan_P

posted on 21/5/08 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Irrespective of what his true speed was it was obviously way in excess of what was appropriate for the road conditions, especially as he wasn’t responding to an emergency
indykid

posted on 21/5/08 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
Media sensationalism????? Thats what the media do every day of the week in nigh on every story they print. But are you seriously trying to defend the police officer on this one?? Thats singular police officer not plural!!

From the article.......
"Police officers driving in marked patrol cars are instructed to use their sirens and flashing lights when responding to a 999 call or attempting to pull over a motorist."

So if its found that the officer not only didnt have his blues n two's going, but also didnt have his headlights going (which is an offence in its own!!!) dont you think this cop should be facing a minimum of death by dangerous driving?? Personally i'd like to see a charge of manslaughter myself if its found to be true!!!

yes i do, but only when it's not reported in the same story designed to provoke such a reaction.

hard judgement can only come from hard facts.

tom

[Edited on 21/5/08 by indykid]

speedyxjs

posted on 21/5/08 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DorsetStrider
Bring back mob rule... it's safer!

Seems to work ok on the simpsons

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

scootz

posted on 21/5/08 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
... but didn't work in South Park!
MikeRJ

posted on 21/5/08 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
An excellent post scootz, I totaly agree.

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6

From the article.......

IF it's found to be true. Until the investigation is complete, then this is pure speculation.

Quite why people take stories in the press (and especially in a gutter rag like the Mail) as factual I just can't comprehend. Either there is a naivety epedemic sweeping the nation, or people simply belive what suits them best, never mind the facts.

I also completely fail to understand how anyone would think that attacking a police office with bricks is acceptable, and that the police defending themselves is not. Are they just suppose to stand around getting pelted until the scumbag runs out of bricks?

This is a seriously tragic incident, but at the moment very few facts are known. Jumping to conclusions that simply suit your own views helps no one.

Ivan

posted on 21/5/08 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Every person - no matter what their occupation - should be entitled to their day in court for a homicide before the press or public judge their guilt.

I think the real test will be whether, if found guilty of whatever, the sentence will be the same as one given to Joe Bloggs for the same offence.

In fact as a public guardian any sentence should be significantly heavier and if its not, or is lighter ,you might have reason to complain about a "Police" state.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 21/5/08 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ

IF it's found to be true. Until the investigation is complete, then this is pure speculation.

Quite why people take stories in the press (and especially in a gutter rag like the Mail) as factual I just can't comprehend. Either there is a naivety epedemic sweeping the nation, or people simply belive what suits them best, never mind the facts.

I also completely fail to understand how anyone would think that attacking a police office with bricks is acceptable, and that the police defending themselves is not. Are they just suppose to stand around getting pelted until the scumbag runs out of bricks?

This is a seriously tragic incident, but at the moment very few facts are known. Jumping to conclusions that simply suit your own views helps no one.

I agree with you totally on waiting for the investigation and dont see where i have jumped to any conclusions to suit my own views - i simply stated that if its found to be true (ie by the IPCC and not the press) that the book should be thrown at the officer in question!!

My third paragraph did start in effect "if its found to be true......"

[Edited on 21/5/08 by Paul TigerB6]

MikeRJ

posted on 21/5/08 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Paul,

Sorry I didn't format that very well, the first paragraph was in reply to you, the rest of the ramblings were just my views on this.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 21/5/08 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
Paul,

Sorry I didn't format that very well, the first paragraph was in reply to you, the rest of the ramblings were just my views on this.

Gotcha - i did think that after posting but wasnt sure as you quoted me. No problem at all mate - cheers for clearing that up.

contaminated

posted on 21/5/08 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
I might be missing the point here, but isn't a forum a place to express opinions? I don't know of the original poster's similar threads, but it strikes me only as his own opinion - to which he is entitled. The "mob rule" and "police state" comments were, I think, just banter.

My own view is that I doubt you could place any reliance on the speed of the police car, whether it's light were on or the distance the poor girl was thrown based on witness statements, who were clearly upset. The point however is that the police car did hit the poor girl - so it must have been going too fast for the situation. End of, surely! If, and I mean if, in addition it turns out that he had no blues and twos, or lights, then I hope they nail him to the wall.

scootz

posted on 21/5/08 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by contaminatedThe point however is that the police car did hit the poor girl - so it must have been going too fast for the situation.

Eh - so all those guys who are trained accident investigators have been wasting their time by studying the intracacies of each individual situation.

Of course - you've nailed it - all they need to know is that if someone is hit by a car then the car must have been going too fast.

What a load of shite!

[Edited on 21/5/08 by scootz]

contaminated

posted on 21/5/08 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
Mind you I have to concede the spelling of the original thread is a nice touch
Paul TigerB6

posted on 21/5/08 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by contaminated
I might be missing the point here, but isn't a forum a place to express opinions? I don't know of the original poster's similar threads, but it strikes me only as his own opinion - to which he is entitled. The "mob rule" and "police state" comments were, I think, just banter.

My own view is that I doubt you could place any reliance on the speed of the police car, whether it's light were on or the distance the poor girl was thrown based on witness statements, who were clearly upset. The point however is that the police car did hit the poor girl - so it must have been going too fast for the situation. End of, surely! If, and I mean if, in addition it turns out that he had no blues and twos, or lights, then I hope they nail him to the wall.

If it was banter - well it was very strong banter and seemed writen to provoke a reaction (which it got well n truly from Scootz).

I would guess that most people getting hit by cars are generally more at fault than the driver of the car regardless of their speed so dont agree at all that just because she was hit then it must be the driver's fault for going to fast. If he had no lights on then its a totally different story isnt it when it comes to blame (and even if within the speed limit at the time!)!!

It sounds from the article / IPCC's comments in there that the police car had a "black box" fitted that records speed / status of the blues n two's etc. If thats the case and they have his true speed, find he had no sirens going then it would add credibility to what sounds like many witness statements saying he had no headlights on too (which i know they do as they followed me one night doing the same - trying to hide and wait for an excuse to pull me). In that case yes he should be nailed to the wall / end of career.

[Edited on 21/5/08 by Paul TigerB6]

02GF74

posted on 21/5/08 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by contaminated

The point however is that the police car did hit the poor girl - so it must have been going too fast for the situation. End of, surely!

I disagree.

I know a teacher who works in inner city school and it is common practise for the pupils (read as teenage yobs) to step out in front of cars, especially those driven by teachers in order for the cars to make an emergency stop.

Who is to say this is not what happened here?

As for 100 mph!!??? The skip marks and final postion of the car will determine how fast it was going (and tacho?)

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.