Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Beware eBay feedback!!
greggors84

posted on 4/6/08 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Beware eBay feedback!!

After being shafted on ebay, ive gone back and looked at the buyers feedback.

Now ebay wont let you leave negative feedback this guy has lots of positive feedback icons with negative remarks. I never noticed this has he has 100% positive.

It looks as he is buying loads of mobiles looks like a few a day, then shafting the sellers after feedback has been left. Any that wont send it unrecorded he just wont pay for, but they cant leave bad feedback!!

What is happening to ebay! I thought it was the best this ever, it has made things so much more available, instead of hunting round in shops and car boot sales for those hard to find things you can just go online and buy them straight away.

Now they have just opened them up to scammers!

Sorry for the rant, but I thought I was pretty vigilant and hate to be caught out!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

BenB

posted on 4/6/08 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Surely if he refuses to pay Ebay could get involved..... IE it's a legal contract.... IF he agrees to buy something sans recorded delivery and then after the contract is agreed decides he only wants recorded he's on a loser...
clairetoo

posted on 4/6/08 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Sure looks like the beginning of the end for Ebay............I dont sell much on there , but now I worry so much about the feedback rubbish and the way Paypal is totally on the buyers side in any dispute I`ve just about stopped bothering......

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Paul TigerB6

posted on 4/6/08 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Have you reported this bloke to Ebay then?? Personally if he's shafted you then i'd be looking at reporting him to the police - you have his name and address dont you???
Paul TigerB6

posted on 4/6/08 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Surely if he refuses to pay Ebay could get involved..... IE it's a legal contract.... IF he agrees to buy something sans recorded delivery and then after the contract is agreed decides he only wants recorded he's on a loser...

Just read above again and he doesnt want stuff sent recorded which seems a sure sign he's a scammer. I think in future i am just going to up my postage price accordingly and send everything recorded regardless of what they want. Seems Ebay / Paypal are doing everything possible now to make it easy for scammers!!

Jon Ison

posted on 4/6/08 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
On the ebay paypal debate I agree 100%, I have just sold on there to someone who as lots a Green + shame I didn't read the feedback, seems the guy aint gonna contact me or pay.

pay pal, don't start me on them !!!!

Also Mrs had a very good phishing paypal clone email today, very believable luckily I was around when she opened it and stopped her clicking on the link, I'm pretty sure the link would have took you to a site where it asked you to log on........ user name password, game over ?

edit to add this is the sorta positive feedback ebay as on show these days, pasted below, read the small print, how the heck can they keep this positive only thing going ? It was open for tit for tat abuse I know but better than this ?

the bigest messer, lier and non payer,waited more than 2 weeks and he never come

[Edited on 4/6/08 by Jon Ison]

[Edited on 4/6/08 by Jon Ison]

turbodisplay

posted on 4/6/08 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
The problem was that sellers were waiting for the buyer to leave feedback first. It should have been made that the seller had to leave feedback first, or if you wait for the buyer to leave feedback you can only leave positive.
I had some twit pestering me for feedback to be left first (he was the seller), even before i got the item, then after i got it.
I said i only leave feedback after the seller leaves feedback. He got stroppy and banned me from bying anything else from him.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
martyn_16v

posted on 4/6/08 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
But look at it from a sellers point of view. If you were to leave good feedback as soon as the buyer had 'paid', you leave yourself open to the buyer doing absolutely anything they like after, such as the usual falsely claiming it never turned up, or giving you bad feedback for something idiotic that is entirely their fault (like them buying the wrong thing).

As a seller, I can take positive feedback from the buyer as a good signal that they've recieved the item and are happy with it, and i'll then leave positive now i have a good idea that everything has gone to plan and they aren't messing me around.

Or at least, I used to

I'm not arguing the old system was perfect, far from it, but it was a hell of a lot better than the half-arsed plan they've got now. I mean who couldn't have predicted that this was going to happen? I know 3 year olds who have more sense. Why not just make it so that you can't leave negative feedback until you have gone through the dispute process and eBay have found in your favour?

greggors84

posted on 4/6/08 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
My only negative feedback came from a seller who after I had paid for an item within minutes of winning the auction took over a month and a half to send the item. After loads of emails to them they stopped replying so I opened a dispute with paypal, then they sent it.

I left negative feedback explaining what happened, so they left me negative feedback saying I was an idiot!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

zetec7

posted on 4/6/08 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
That's my feeling as well, as a buyer. I just went through a similar experience. Seller sent the wrong parts (someone else's turbo intake parts - I ordered exhaust flex pipes). When I advised him of the error, he insisted I send back the wrong parts at my expense, and he'd send my parts after he got his back, and refund what I had to spend on his shipping. He didn't do those things, didn't ship my parts, didn't refund my money. and wouldn't participate in the PayPal dispute forum. Eventually, they forced him to refund me what he owed, and to send my parts. Now, he sends me bills for my original parts (which I paid for in the beginning already) daily.

Under the old system, I didn't dare give him negative feedback, or he would have responded in kind, & I'd be screwed. Most sellers won't take a chance on a buyer with even 1 negative. So, at this point, there's been no feedback either way on that transaction. I guess I can do it now, though...and maybe save someone else the problems I had with this guy.

http://www.freewebs.com/zetec7/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 5/6/08 at 06:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zetec7
Under the old system, I didn't dare give him negative feedback, or he would have responded in kind, & I'd be screwed. Most sellers won't take a chance on a buyer with even 1 negative. So, at this point, there's been no feedback either way on that transaction. I guess I can do it now, though...and maybe save someone else the problems I had with this guy.

But you cant, you cant leave red negative feedback now, only green which looks like positive.

One two or a dozen negatives would never put us off selling to anyone, it would make us read the comments maybe and very quickly you can see whether it was justified or not.

I'm not saying the old system was perfect by any means but this is worse.

And don't think all buyers are lillywhite like paypal and ebay do, twice we have been "had over" the 2nd time still ongoing paypal have refunded the buyer even though we have tracking numbers, a time of posting and delivery and a signature given on delivery.

paypals advice "we should build into the cost of items sold to cover such events"

sorry this new system is pants, buyer or seller, remember you cant leave anything but positive as a buyer to.

fesycresy

posted on 5/6/08 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Just sold an item. He bid with a minute or so to go before the end of the auction. I left the computer on for 2 hours to see if he paid. Turned the computer off at 10pm.

Went to work next day and he's sent me loads of instructions how he wants to upgrade the posting to a 'next day' delivery as he's Tuesday off work.

I said I would post standard parcels taking 3 to 5 days, intending to send it off on the Monday, but as he hadn't paid I didn't bring it to work with me.

Now I couldn't get to the post office on the Tuesday or Wednesday, so I sent it overnight with DHL on the Thursday.

He then emails me whining like a little bitch saying he wants to call it off and leave me shite feedback

He had it within the allotted time at further cost to me and still whinged. TWAT And I can't leave him negative for being a twat.

But on a positive note he's on another forum and uses the same user name as his ebay account. Our paths will cross

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

MikeRJ

posted on 5/6/08 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
I don't understand how ebay could possibly think that stopping sellers leaving negative feedback would do anything other than increase the already rife level of scammers. Either they have some kind of hidden agenda or I am totaly missing the point.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.