Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: driver position and sva inspector
gy351100

posted on 8/7/08 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
driver position and sva inspector

Hi all
Would there be any problem if the inspector can't fit in the car.
The reason I ask is because I am rather on the short side so my seat is quite a way forward and quite high and not adjustable.
At that I find it a tight fit to get in and out.
Cheers
Keith

jos

posted on 8/7/08 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
The only problem is the problem the examiner faces with establishing whether your passes the test

I had exactly the opposite problem, I'm tall, examiner was short and he said that it wouldnt be a problem for me to worry about, he'd find a way to examine it properly

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

BenB

posted on 8/7/08 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
It shouldn't be a problem but it can be. On my brothers GFs car the examiner was too fat to fit in it (so he said he couldn't test self-centering) and on my first test he was a short arse and so couldn't see the warning lights because the steering wheel blocked the view. I think he was just embarassed his legs weren't long enough to reach the pedals.... Anyone above midget height would have been okay answer= change test site, taller tester, no problems
richard

posted on 8/7/08 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Yes our examiner ( the only one at Mitcham ) was a tall bloke ( over 6 foot ) and said he had struggld to fit into a car earlier in the week that had been built for the samll driver, had a fixed seat and a full race type roll bar. the hardest bit for him on our car was for him to fit the pressure tester he needs for the brake test to his shoe. He has to do this when he is already in the car and must have been a real struggle in a smaller space.l wonder if when can contact the SVA centre to discuss as they were quite helpfull to us.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 8/7/08 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
As said above - give the test centre a ring. Maybe they can line up a shorter tester to do your car.

When my car was SVA'd the tester was around 6'4", and he was having trouble!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.