Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Idiot!
Hammerhead

posted on 9/7/08 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Idiot!

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=23&t=557334&nmt=RE:%20PM:%20Drivers%20Benefit%20From%20High%20Fuel%20Prices
NigeEss

posted on 9/7/08 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Ooh, let's all buy nice "green" Prius'.

He seriously needs a reality check. Or an assasins bullet.

balidey

posted on 9/7/08 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss
He seriously needs a reality check. Or an assasins bullet.

I vote for the latter

dave1888

posted on 9/7/08 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
I'll never understand these so called green taxes. Do they actually use the money for green issues or is it (as expected) another stealth tax. The uk population is being ground down with taxes these days.

RichardK

posted on 9/7/08 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
2020, bet get a bloody move on with this build
Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul TigerB6

posted on 9/7/08 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave1888
I'll never understand these so called green taxes. Do they actually use the money for green issues or is it (as expected) another stealth tax. The uk population is being ground down with taxes these days.

Do they hell - its all just an excuse to tax us into the ground!! I have voted labour since i was 18 but will vote any way that gets that moron out of power come the next election. David Cameron here i come!!

ReMan

posted on 9/7/08 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Knob!
donut

posted on 9/7/08 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
QUOTE:The Prime Minister also wants to get all petrol-driven cars off Britain’s roads by 2020.

Yeah like that will happen. Can you imagine the uproar from just about every over 17 year old person in the UK.

The bloke has lost it big time.

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AndyGT

posted on 9/7/08 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Government Policy seems to be to get all those working class people off the road to make space for only those who can afford it. This is a labour government folks so anyone thinking that voting Cameron will make a difference is sadly mistaken!!

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

locogeoff

posted on 9/7/08 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
yea let's vote out Gordon Brown, get the tories back in that will be good for the country...

Wait a minute, I can remember huge inflation, rampant unemployment, wholesale sell off of nationalised industries, that effing cow thatcher stopping free school milk for the wee ones, jees she even developed the technique for reducing the amount of milk in ice cream.

The current government has no bearing on oil prices, granted they could reduce the tax levy on fuel in an interim measure to ease the transition while new technologies are developed, but when it comes down to it we have to become less reliant on fossil fuels, they are a limited resource. Yes as oil prices rise there are more reserves that are economic to extract but they are only economic if the population are willing to pay for it, in short it's economics that are the rules that society is governed by...

Our hobby has become expensive... live with it!

alternatively we could become the force at the forefront of technology in developing new solutions at grass roots level, so instead of whinning about the price of fuel, a pointless exercise, channel your energy into saving energy, we have a lot of knowledge on this grreat site and I know of one site frequenter that is interested in electric vehicles.

So what is it going to take... an electric seven spanking a busa 7 up a hill climb to make you sit up and take notice, cause it's possible, don't be a ludite for the sake of it, in fact if your seven repica has anything other that a solid rear axle, you are part of the solution, you just don't realise it yet

p.s. I know it's a crap situation but that's the way it is, 5h1t happens

RK

posted on 10/7/08 at 04:08 AM Reply With Quote
I agree. But remember I have no say due to a small detail about being the wrong nationality and living on a different continent.
clairetoo

posted on 10/7/08 at 06:22 AM Reply With Quote
Idiot ? thats a bit of an understatement
What's he going to do about the rest of Europe - close down all the port's to stop foreign `petrol powered vehicles` from driving on `our` road's ?
Maybe if he were to set an example , ban all government employee's from driving , and scrap all his limo's..................

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

flak monkey

posted on 10/7/08 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locogeoff
yea let's vote out Gordon Brown, get the tories back in that will be good for the country...

Wait a minute, I can remember huge inflation, rampant unemployment, wholesale sell off of nationalised industries, that effing cow thatcher stopping free school milk for the wee ones, jees she even developed the technique for reducing the amount of milk in ice cream.

The current government has no bearing on oil prices, granted they could reduce the tax levy on fuel in an interim measure to ease the transition while new technologies are developed, but when it comes down to it we have to become less reliant on fossil fuels, they are a limited resource. Yes as oil prices rise there are more reserves that are economic to extract but they are only economic if the population are willing to pay for it, in short it's economics that are the rules that society is governed by...

alternatively we could become the force at the forefront of technology in developing new solutions at grass roots level, so instead of whinning about the price of fuel, a pointless exercise, channel your energy into saving energy, we have a lot of knowledge on this grreat site and I know of one site frequenter that is interested in electric vehicles.

So what is it going to take... an electric seven spanking a busa 7 up a hill climb to make you sit up and take notice, cause it's possible, don't be a ludite for the sake of it, in fact if your seven repica has anything other that a solid rear axle, you are part of the solution, you just don't realise it yet

About what I was going to type... but you did it for me

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

scotty g

posted on 10/7/08 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
i agree that the best way to go would be to lead the way in developing alternative methods of running cars, leccy, hydrogen fuel cell etc. You just know though that the petrol companies have already been doing this for years, this is where all there extra billions are going so that when we eventually run out of oil they can sting us all over again in new and evermore creative ways!
Rek

posted on 10/7/08 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
Slightly off topic but James May issued a challenge in the paper on saturday to design and build a lightweight but comfortable car on a delivery budget of 10K. He's been writing for a couple of weeks about 60s/70s designers being ahead of their time in building lightweight cars that were useable (Elanish) i.e. roof and ashtray, and that if one was made today using a modern drivetrain etc... that would give the fuel economy too, as modern cars are very heavy by comparison.

Which he'd then comission...

Just thinking that a lot of you chaps would have the skill to do something like that....

Humbug

posted on 10/7/08 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
Also slightly O/T, but how about avoiding the road tax increases for us poor locals by doing what they do in Switzerland: have a sticker to pay for use of motorways. Drivers of foreign vehicles could buy one on entry to the UK or at some key points then, if they are found on a motorway without a sticker, then they could have a large on the spot fine. On the spot fines seem to be commonplace in e.g. France, and this way it would help pay for the cost of use of British motorways by foreigners who don't otherwise contribute.

just a thought...

(the only downside that I can think of is that Gordon Bennett would quickly decide to extend it to UK drivers as well)

mr henderson

posted on 10/7/08 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locogeoff

Some good stuff right there. I started reading some of the pistonheads responses but quickly got fed up and reminded why I hardly ever use that site any more.

It's a shame that the first response to Brown's statements should be that 'he's an idiot'. He's clearly not an idiot. No, I don't like him either.

John

spaximus

posted on 10/7/08 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
The problem with any goverment that is in power is they always loose the plot.
Thatcher had her faults but we did not have the armies of civil servants dishing out our cash to those who would not work. And many on this site will be living in or will inherit a house that was sold to them cheaply by thatcher which is easily forgotton.
The current goverment has without doubt been one of the worst for Britain long term, yes we have seen some good times which were acheived on the foundations of what the tories did but the downsides are huge.
Gordon Brown knows he is finished, his party knows that so they will leave such a mess for the tories to sort out that people will soon forget how bad labour was and re elect them. If you don't belive me look back over the years since the war and see how many times this has happened. Gordon Brown is now like the liberals, he cab say what he wants as he will not be around to see them through.
As for embracing new technology, yes we will have to do it, just like the days when steam ruled the roads, haulage companies said then it would never have deisel trucks but in a few years steam was relegated to side shows and fairs, the petrol engine will be replaced by Fuel cells long term and we will all adapt.

wilkingj

posted on 10/7/08 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
When will you lot of youngsters on here realise, that ALL the political parties are as BAD as EACH OTHER (in their own particular way)

Its all about those individuals keeping you happy enough to vote them into a well paid job for another 5 years.

If there is an election looming, they will say all the right things to con you into voting for them, then just quietly forget all the nice things they said, and carry on financially raping the public through taxation.

Look at all the money we are pumping into India in the form of call centres, and outsourcing work. They are getting paid less than a 1/10th of what the people doing the job here were being paid.
With this new found wealth, they will buy cars, and a LOT of them. (There are 1.1Bn Indians compared to 50M people in the UK)

As I have often said, there is a PLAGUE of PEOPLE on the Planet. In my 55 years the population has jumped from 4Bn to 6Bn, a 50% increase in 55 years.
It cannot go on like this, and it will all end in tears. The only people trying to do anything about the numbers are the Chinese. Its not going well (killing off the girls etc), but at least they recognise the problem, and are trying to do something about it.

Just my 2 Reils worth.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

simoto

posted on 10/7/08 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
Please explain the live axle bit?

striker/blade now complete, thanks to all on this site.

Hammerhead

posted on 10/7/08 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Not just an idiot he's a deluded idiot too! Compares himself to Heathcliffe (not the cat )

It's an idiotic statement to make.

woodster

posted on 10/7/08 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
new tax bands

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/629/629/7293011.stm

02GF74

posted on 10/7/08 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
is using the Thatcher days, whcih is almost 30 years ago, any relevent now?

As I see it, the labour party has moved more to the right and the conservatories further to the left.

I am not really that interested in politics so am not familiar with the policies of each party but as far as I can tell, the parties no longer get into government due to policies but by scoring points off the oppostion.

Both parties have failed big time - do I need to mention taxes, health service, education? They are probably worse now than they were under the tories, but then the snekas ingovenrment can set up committees to twist statistics to say they are succeeding.

As for rising inflation, unemployment, housing market collapse and strikes under tories, give it a couple more months .....

Only way out is another war, middle east is done, maybe look to africa, flaklands or Malta.

Gordon Brown

posted on 10/7/08 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
All seems perfectly reasonable to me! Why should you, so called 'locosters' have any fun? welcome to MY world.... Mwahahaha!

"All your monies are belong to me! Mwahahaha!"

mr henderson

posted on 10/7/08 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hammerhead
Not just an idiot he's a deluded idiot too! Compares himself to Heathcliffe (not the cat )

It's an idiotic statement to make.

Just repesting that he is an idiot isn't going to make him into one. If you disagree with what he says why not publish a cogent argument instead of just repeating that 'he is an idiot'

Please don't think that I agree with any of his policies, I might or might not if I was interested enough to find out what they are (which I am not).

John

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.