Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dirtsurfing update
ravingfool

posted on 20/10/08 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Dirtsurfing update

Some of you may remember a little while ago I showed you some pictures of a new, non-motorised (shock horror) toy called a DirtSurfer.

Well with very little happening on a car front, I've had some time to get to grips with hurting myself on a regular and incremental basis. However, despite spending many hours at hospital last week and 7 days in a sling, I took the sling off and went riding again yesterday!

Anyway, I thought I'd share this very good video taken yesterday and edited by Swat of Wingsurfer.co.uk

CLICK ME FOR VIDEO

It's high def so may take some time to load for some of you, but it's a full screen jobbie once it's ready.

Hope you enjoy it!

Paradoxia0

posted on 20/10/08 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Now that looks like the kind of thing I could break my myself doing...

Looks great fun though (and I love that track played over the top...)

Mark

There is no replacement for displacement...

f1ngers

posted on 20/10/08 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
Wow I love that!
I used to skateboard and race moto-x many years ago, looks like a combination of both. If only someone had come up with the idea then or I was a bit younger/fitter

simoto

posted on 20/10/08 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
In the words of the incomparable NWA

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zitbExMdlvY

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/10/08 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Wow you are fair spoilt with such a good place to use them. Looks a lot fun but we need more crashed and the sound of breaking bones

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
trogdor

posted on 21/10/08 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
this makes me want to get my old mountain board (the type that looks like an overgrown skateboard) and kite out of the garage. We used to do some stupid things on that.

Even got pulled over by the police on it!

But I was being towed by a push bike on a road past a police station so perhaps it wasn't that clever!

ravingfool

posted on 21/10/08 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Age is no excuse, two of the guys are decidedly middle aged and I have difficulty keeping up with them. The only difference is they try and stay on the ground and they've got full back, shoulder and more arm and leg protection than I bother with.

I've been getting a bit of a mocking because I'm 'young and slim' and haven't managed to do the boarder-x yet.

It really is fantastic fun and anyone can pick it up very quickly. It's much easier than skateboarding or mountainboarding because like a bike it becomes more stable at speed. If you're interested in a go get over to wingsurfer.co.uk and I'm sure you'll be welcome to come along and try it some time.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.