Board logo

Could I Use Someone's Solidworks File?
Louis M - 10/6/04 at 12:49 AM

Instead of building my chassis from scratch on Solidworks, would it be possible if I could use someone's copy that I could modify for my project? Thanks so much!

chrisf - 10/6/04 at 04:25 PM

Hi:

Run a search on 'marcel'. He has a SW file of a chassis. I'm sure he'll comment, but I think his deviates a bit from the book. I would pass the file on to you, but not without permission.

--Chris

Louis M - 10/6/04 at 04:40 PM

Problem - marcel doesn't exist. I searched for him and he's not on here... Anyway, a good starting point would be if it was already live-axle and front-engined.

flak monkey - 10/6/04 at 08:57 PM

What files will solid works open? I have dxf, IGES and dwg files...

David

Louis M - 10/6/04 at 11:00 PM

To be honest, I'm not totally sure. I know that .dwg and .dxf files will work, but I believe those are only for 2d... Best option would be to post it and I'll try it out! BTW, if you don't want it public, my e-mail is LouisM at cox.net

Louis M - 10/6/04 at 11:13 PM

http://www.solidworks.com/pages/products/swofficepro/faqs.html?pid=1#6e

flak monkey - 11/6/04 at 07:21 AM

Louis, You have email...

chrisf - 12/6/04 at 04:57 AM

My mistake, Mave is the fellow with the SW chassis files (they are one in the same). Run a search on him. Great guy.

--Chris

Mave - 12/6/04 at 08:56 AM

Hi there! Here I am! Yep, I have made a SolidWorks drawing of a Seven with independant rear suspension, and inboard front suspension (you can find a picture of it on my site www.mk-indy.nl, under About-Why an Indy). It is slightly wider than a "book-chassis" and based around the Sierra.

Let me know if you want a copy.