Board logo

Anyone know this car?
bonesetter - 25/7/10 at 07:51 PM

I am on the brink of buying this car.

I asked the seller today what paperwork he has and it turns out he has very little - the original receipt for the kit (from the original builder) and that's about it.

He had the engine upgraded (Yorkshire Engines) but does not have the receipt. Says he can get one though.

The new engine is not listed on the V5 which he says is because the change process is difficult and involved and he just hasn't bothered. He suggested him getting an MOT station to verify the engine is fitted, which he would give to me (letter) and I could then get the V5 changed.

Would anyone know this car to shed a little more light on its history?

Thanks

JoelP - 25/7/10 at 08:15 PM

link doesnt work for me, but it is indeed a palaver sorting the engine change out with the DVLA, so i didnt bother with mine. They want proof of the tax band changing.

works now. Provided there is a V5 with correct chassis numbers, and a suitable description, it should be ok.

[Edited on 25/7/10 by JoelP]

bonesetter - 25/7/10 at 08:19 PM

Here's the link http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1830442.htm

Hmm.. so I shouldn't be overly concerned?

I would want a receipt for the engine though, or at least speak to Yorkshire Engines to prove it is indeed one of theirs?

brookie - 25/7/10 at 08:43 PM

i do know this car and the bloke who selling it jason i was driving around with him friday for about 2 1/2 hours i was going to buy this car but could not find enough money for it that why i got the 1 i got now this car was the first bike powerd kit car i went in and it runs very well and also goes very well he seem to br avery honest person to me and if u get the car u will be buy a very good car i have a bike poward car but on the log book it says pinto engine i hope i have help u if u want any more info please phone me on 07846232744 any time tomoz

rf900rush - 25/7/10 at 09:01 PM

DVLA did want a receipt and a photo of the engine number.
both my receipts were for Bike breaker's

I had no problems changing the V5 details twice in one year, one including a a colour change and new bigger engine.

FFTS - 25/7/10 at 09:55 PM

Or you could buy this lovely bec and still have £1500 to upgrade and make it your own.

Shameless add linky

grub - 26/7/10 at 06:55 AM

yeh i know the car i helped remove the pinto then took the car to MK engineering for the engine transplant and other work for the instalation to be carried out, i was also there when malc from yorkshire engines dropped the zx10 off and im sure malc will confirm that. the instalation also keeps the standard headers which must be a power saver , or you could buy the cheeper car and spend 1500 to make it as quick the choice is yours !.

jase380 - 26/7/10 at 01:11 PM

Think i know that car.... its mine, does anyone know more about it than me ??