Board logo

photo's of the finished car
sebastiaan - 25/5/05 at 06:02 PM

At last i've got the chance to take some pictures of the finished car!

http://www.picturetrail.com/sebastiaan_bl

Now, i just need to refurbish the other 3 wheels, get an aeroscreen on there, repaint the aluminium rear-wing protection plate..... the list goes on and on....

mookaloid - 25/5/05 at 06:15 PM

Very nice

Black wheels are very cool by the way

Cheers

Mark

alister667 - 25/5/05 at 07:30 PM

That's a very pretty car - I do like the colour scheme even if it is a little Man U!!
Well done.

paulvdk - 25/5/05 at 09:08 PM

Nice!

Groeten, Paul

Garbrand - 25/5/05 at 09:20 PM

Ziet er prachtig uit, gefeliciteerd!

("Looks great, congratulations" for all you non-Dutchies)

Hellfire - 25/5/05 at 11:36 PM

Deffo black wheels!!! Nice car!

DarrenW - 26/5/05 at 08:18 AM

Very nice. Like the black wheels.

Its great to see the std of builds is improving all of the time. Long gone are the dark days of the dodgy kits. These cars should be considered as replicas, or one off prototypes etc. Kit just doesnt sound good enough any more. There are some people on this site with some fantastic skills.

donut - 26/5/05 at 08:27 AM

Top job there mate, looks very nice and it's nice to see a car painted too!

sebastiaan - 26/5/05 at 08:34 AM

Thanks for the nice replies!

What do you guys think, should i go aeroscreen (a perspex-type thingy) or full windscreen? At the mo, the weight of a screen, wipers and washer is keeping me from a full-on screen....

DarrenW - 26/5/05 at 08:40 AM

Try an aeroscreen first. Its cheaper and easy. If no good then you can change later.

Try a car with a screen before outlaying the cash - they are not always better.

bikkel - 26/5/05 at 06:15 PM

wow , ziet er goed uit. mooi werk....

where did you get it SVA-ed?

koen

Winston Todge - 2/6/05 at 06:55 PM

Looks awesome Sebastiaan! Seriously considering a two tone paint scheme now. It seems to make the car look lower or something...

Looks real nice though!

Chris

Mave - 2/6/05 at 07:04 PM

Gefeliciteerd Sebastiaan! Ik ben jaloers!

Is it a gelcoat color red? It looks so "deep"! Nice!

sebastiaan - 4/6/05 at 11:22 AM

Mave,

The red is a standard MK gelcoat. Looks nice enough when out in the evening sun, but i think that over time, the whole car will be painted (probably black or silver). The sidepanels are homemade from Dibond (a sandwich panel consisting of two layers of ali sheet and a plastic core in between. Light and very stiff), and are painted.

How are you getting along with your Indy? solved the inlet manifold problems yet?

Cheers,
Sebastiaan

Winston Todge - 5/6/05 at 01:08 PM

Hope you don't mind Seb?

I used a picture from your album to illustrate a possible colour choice for my car on my website... Shown here - http://www.mnrvortxr1.co.uk/designbodywork.htm

Hope that's okay?

Chris

Winston Todge - 6/6/05 at 02:16 PM

Not to worry Sebastiaan.

I have been told by Mk Sportscars that I'm not allowed to use any pictures of any of their cars on my website...

Ta anyway and good luck with the rest of the build.

Chris.