Board logo

tiger lght brackets
tigertom - 19/7/07 at 09:25 AM

hi all,
car almost finished.just the sva safety/radius thingys to tidy up.what has anybody used for giving a safe edge around the light brackets which come out from the top of the chasis.i was thinking of some plimbers lagging but thought it would have to more of a permanent fixture.also if anybody has any wee handy tips for the sva it would all be appreciated.

andrew.carwithen - 19/7/07 at 03:02 PM

I rounded off the edges of the brackets with a powerfile. I'm hoping this will be sufficient for SVA. If not, then I'll slide some large heatshrink over them and shrink down to further soften the edges.

Andy.

PeterW - 19/7/07 at 05:08 PM

I would hope they are SVA compliant already, as I had my chassis powder coated by Tiger....

I think your fog light needs to be vertical - yours doesn't seem to be.

Other than that, nice build..!! What wheels and tyres are they...?? Looking for something new for mine...

Pete

tigertom - 20/7/07 at 08:09 AM

hey pete,
wheels are 17" TSW tourismos.dont know about the tyres.they were on the wheels when i bought them.i know the size is 205/40/17.i thought i read somewhere where the light brackets need protection for sva.i to have my chasis powdercoated by tiger.

thomas.

timwest167 - 20/7/07 at 10:03 AM

Split rubber tubing, bound on with copious amounts of self amalgamiting tape!

DaveFJ - 20/7/07 at 01:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by timwest167
Split rubber tubing, bound on with copious amounts of self amalgamiting tape!

or a slight variation, split rubber tubing filled with PU adhesive. It's what i have used for the bottom radius on my padded dash and seems about right - I will find out at SVA!