Board logo

seat in se7en for tall people
bikkel - 10/10/05 at 07:07 PM

hi all

any recomendations?

now : cobra roadster but the support in the upper leg area is not optimal

does anybody have experience with intratrim, richfield or MK seats?

thanks

koen
netherlands

john_p_b - 10/10/05 at 07:29 PM

depends how tall you mean?!

i'm 6ft 2" and have no problem with the MK seats.

Mave - 10/10/05 at 07:35 PM

Koen,

I'm 6ft 5, and I only fit in the Indy with GRP shell seats; that's why I choose the Caterham/MK/Triton model. Even without padding they are very comfortable (for me). The Cobra roadster seats are to thick; they take up to much space behind my back. And they are pretty low; the "head-supports" are at my shoulder height, whereas the Caterham/MK/Triton seats will support my head (should I ever need it).

If I would buy other seats, I would buy Triton's rolled lower edge version, because it is less restricitve in the "bum-area". I don't need it, but can imagine people I'd like to take for a ride not fitting my current seats.

But I'm curious; why are you asking?

shortie - 10/10/05 at 08:00 PM

I'm 6ft 4in and the MK seats are fine

Rich.

kevano - 10/10/05 at 08:31 PM

i'm 6'2" and mr tritons are perfect really comfortable aswell with no padding, wouldn.t bother with intatrims even right back there's nowhere near enough room.

RazMan - 10/10/05 at 09:33 PM

I'm a fairly petite 6'2" but rather long in the body and had a problem finding a seat low enough to give me headroom (I've got a hard-top)
Lotus Elise seats came to my rescue - complete with inflatable lumbar support for my dodgy back