Board logo

Trailer
luke2152 - 7/3/14 at 10:03 PM

Still weighing up building my own from caravan chassis or just buying a trailer.

Just putting feelers out to see if anyones selling at the moment. I'm looking to buy in the next 3 weeks - long story short I'm in Germany with the forces (trailers are so expensive in Germany) and have someone coming over who can tow for me at end of the month. South UK.

Needs to be able to tow a 7. But also considering something a bit more heavy duty for towing other cars or items occasionally.

Budget around £500. Less if it needs work and a little more if its perfect. Obviously needs to be roadworthy enough to tow 500miles.

The Venom Project - 7/3/14 at 10:23 PM

Car trailer

luke2152 - 7/3/14 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Venom Project
Car trailer

Yours?

The Venom Project - 7/3/14 at 10:28 PM

No, I am always looking for something to move my tr1ke around if needed, you put a request on and naturally I started looking :-)

There seems to be a load of car transporter trailers on eBay this month

The Venom Project - 7/3/14 at 10:30 PM

Might not be big enough, but surely able to extend if need be?

hydraulic car recovery transporter trailer 1300kg to 3500kg

luke2152 - 7/3/14 at 10:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Venom Project
Might not be big enough, but surely able to extend if need be?

hydraulic car recovery transporter trailer 1300kg to 3500kg

Thanks for sharing. First one looks good. 2nd is out of my price range. Theres a couple of bigger ones I've got my eye on on ebay as well.

bi22le - 8/3/14 at 08:42 AM

I built my own and although I brought a good caravan chassis for 50 quid (mega cheap it seems) and got a lot of material for free it still cost me about 500.

So my advice is buy if you can.its easier.