Board logo

Carbon fibre adhesive sheeting
Chippy - 21/1/07 at 11:57 PM

Hi all, thought that this may be of use to some of you. Good web site for 3M adhesive sheeting in both carbon-kevlar-fibre glass, (various colours), and not too pricey[url=http://stewartsf1.com/] Regards, Ray

Phil. S - 22/1/07 at 10:09 AM

I can't find the prices on the web page here (something that really annoys me on web pages).

Hellfire - 22/1/07 at 12:32 PM

Ray, what size sheet did you buy and how much was it?

Phil

Chippy - 22/1/07 at 11:38 PM

Hi Phil, size 9" x 28", £12.50 + 2.88 P&P.
Enough for two rear arch chip gaurds.

Phil. S, he doesn't put in prices, as its all down to how much/little you want, but will give you a price by return from an email.
Regards, Ray

jlparsons - 24/1/07 at 02:03 PM

I'm sure I've seen it cheaper than that when I was planning my speedboat (kit car methadone...). Can't remember which site i was looking at as it was a while ago but check boat building suppliers. I think their mark-up is much lower as they tend to sell to people who need loads of it but they didn't mind selling small quantities or offcuts. I didn't use it in the end as it offered little benefit for the application I had in mind, but i remember if would have worked out double the price of glass, whereas car parts in carbon seem to be at least triple the price.

Chippy - 25/1/07 at 12:02 AM

Think you have the wrong end of the stick! this is 3M adhesive sheeting, used just to give the appearance of the real thing. Regards, Ray