Board logo

Got a good Handbrake
zenarcher - 26/12/05 at 09:42 PM

[img]http://[/img]

[img]http:// [/img]

mangogrooveworkshop - 26/12/05 at 10:05 PM

So thats why rich folks buy landrovers

There is a driveway like that in Perth Scotland
like that.......the owner has a Landy....

[Edited on 28-12-05 by mangogrooveworkshop]

Cita - 26/12/05 at 10:24 PM

This must be a joke!!

Cheers Cita

steve_gus - 27/12/05 at 12:57 AM

you wouldnt drive up that, you would crash into it!

I dont understand how a surveyor or building inspector would allow that to be built....

I looks like its america...

atb

steve

[Edited on 27/12/05 by steve_gus]

derf - 27/12/05 at 05:16 AM

sadly enough it is the US, I would never buy a house like that

I dont see how a car would even make it into the garage without bottoming out on the peak of the mountain

[Edited on 27/12/05 by derf]

steve_gus - 27/12/05 at 05:02 PM

wouldnt fancy mowing the front lawn either

atb

steve

steve m - 27/12/05 at 06:02 PM

steve,
perhaps a nice absailing rockery?

and i bet its fab when it snows

steve_gus - 27/12/05 at 06:08 PM

prob great for 'hot wheels' racing and skateboarding too

atb

steve

theconrodkid - 27/12/05 at 09:12 PM

atb

steve

would that make you an up-hill gardner?

Genesis - 28/12/05 at 10:26 AM

Those ramps look like they're solid concrete too... how do you get concrete to go uphill or downhill; then dry flat

Only in't North!

iank - 28/12/05 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Genesis
Those ramps look like they're solid concrete too... how do you get concrete to go uphill or downhill; then dry flat

Only in't North!

Pre-cast it and then crane into position? Looks like something that could be a join in the first picture.

What a waste of a huge garage (3 or 4 EU car, 2 US domestic cars?), though it would make a good workshop for the initial build

stevebubs - 28/12/05 at 01:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve_gus

atb

steve

I knew someone with a back garden on a similar slope.

They tied their hover mower to a hook in the house and swung it in arcs, lowering it a little each time

steve_gus - 28/12/05 at 07:52 PM

I have a relative near watford whos got a long garden - the last 50 ft or so are really hard to mow - forms the reverse side of the M1 embankment!

atb

steve

donut - 29/12/05 at 09:46 AM

Looks similar to my front drive!! Some of the houses round here have almost vertical gardens.

I remember viewing a house down the road and we parked outside the front, got out the car and looked att he very attractive house, looked at the roof to make sure it was ok and saw the top of the garden over the roof. It was almost effing vertical!!

Peteff - 29/12/05 at 09:53 AM

If the slump's right it'll hold long enough to go off, the joint will be a board to hold it in place or an expansion joint. My sister lives in a bungalow with garage underneath and the drive to it is like that.

DaveFJ - 29/12/05 at 10:05 AM

Stayed in a cottage in Cornwall in October which had a drive like that. only thing was the leaf mould covering it and the high hedges/stonewalls either side. the car wouldn't even attempt it, got the front wheel about 3 feet up (front wheel drive) and they just span, tried reverse and got front wheels onto slope just (after bottoming out on front bumper ) then wheels started to spin again. Gave up in the end and parked in the lane all week....