Board logo

ZX12 project
erwe - 23/5/05 at 07:45 PM

My project until now, it has te work next week so still some work to do.... Rescued attachment zx125.JPG
Rescued attachment zx125.JPG

Arjan356 - 23/5/05 at 08:52 PM

looking good Rob.
When are you expecting to drive?

Arjan

Hellfire - 23/5/05 at 09:05 PM

Looks very nice and very..... well..... short. Nice side panels too

I also like the red steering wheel glove. That will keep your hands warm on a cold winters night

How much will it weigh when fully built?

[Edited on 23-5-05 by Hellfire]

erwe - 4/6/05 at 04:37 AM

390 kilo!!

erwe - 6/6/05 at 03:24 AM

Today the first ride! Rescued attachment EPSN0003.jpg
Rescued attachment EPSN0003.jpg

ayoungman - 14/6/05 at 11:39 AM

Very nice looking machine. Looks a bit Mad Max ! I assume your going to have cycle wings etc.

chrisf - 14/6/05 at 01:27 PM

That is increadible. I look forward to seeing the finished product. In my opinion, this is the most inovative se7en design I've seen.

--Chris

bikkel - 14/6/05 at 06:12 PM

i found tyhis picture of last weeks event to hockenheim

zx12

koen
www.zx12r-indy.tk

erwe - 17/6/05 at 07:46 PM

What a power!! The race in Hockenheim was more a test for me. I was really amazed about the power of the car. In the first bend of the parabolica (long straight) the car was in 6 th gear on 11500 revs so the rev limiter worked.
Must be about 210 km on the beginning of the straight! That was a long straight so I lifted a little. Steering and handling was not good because I did not set the car up correctly (dampers at 0). When I adjusted the dampers and tyre pressure the handling was much better so I decided to join the race (qualification time 2.03, slowest was 2.22 and fastest 1.53, this time without any proper setup)
We had a rolling start and I overtook a few. In the first lap I was fighting 2 sevens (one was another ZX12 in a MK indy), I would overtake them on the start-finish straight but in the corner before I felt something and made a perfect 360 spin. I could drive futher and it cost me two places but I felt there was something wrong. I stopped and found out a bolt in my rear suspension came loose....
But I am very enthousiast about the car and I will set up the car properly and test it on the 1st of july at Zandvoort track.

ChrisGamlin - 24/6/05 at 03:06 PM

Looks good erwe

Does your roll hoop not need to be a bit higher though? In that last pic the top of your head seems to be about the same height as the hoop