Board logo

women and locosts
ch1ll1 - 10/1/06 at 09:10 PM

whilst playing in the garage tonight, my wife walked in and laughed at me.
for some strange reason she thought me reusing an old alloy side panel was funny !

i replied and whats wrong with that?
she said why don't you just buy a new one like all the other bits you didn't need !
then a smart comment came out of her mouth "IS THAT THE LOCOST BIT ?"

think shes getting used to the idea of spending silly money on a piece of old scrap (her words not mine )

mak - 10/1/06 at 09:20 PM

Darn, was expecting photos!

Peteff - 10/1/06 at 09:29 PM

It was when I was building mine years ago and my wife was looking round with me at some bits. I picked something up and she said it didn't look like it would be SVA complacent. Many a true word spoken in error.

chrsgrain - 10/1/06 at 09:31 PM

They can be interested....

ch1ll1 - 10/1/06 at 09:34 PM

mine says the more i spend on THAT the less i spend in the pub !

keets - 10/1/06 at 09:36 PM

ye but look what she has in her hands

omega 24 v6 - 10/1/06 at 09:41 PM

When I bought the soda crystals in tesco for electrolisis (sp) she was real puzzled. The oldest child (she's a science freak) tried explaining to mam how it worked but to no avail. I let her see the before and after results, and now we seem to have a MAGIC BUCKET in our workshop

chrsgrain - 10/1/06 at 09:42 PM

Do you mean the hairdrier or the CV joint?!

ch1ll1 - 10/1/06 at 09:44 PM

was going to ask
why is she out of the kitchen ?
but as shes helping i understand

[Edited on 10/1/06 by ch1ll1]

chrsgrain - 10/1/06 at 09:50 PM

Rarely to be found in the kitchen - more often doing this sort of thing.... it was cold!

[Edited on 10/1/06 by chrsgrain]

rusty nuts - 10/1/06 at 10:00 PM

My other half won't get in the car again, it messed her hair up.

ch1ll1 - 10/1/06 at 10:10 PM

buy her a hat to wear !
thats if you want her in the car

thats why im not fitting a w/screen or heater

but she did buy me a dear stalkers hat for xmas (think she was taking the piss)

she loved going out in my old dutton !
as the exhaust ran down the n/s and heated all the fibre glass up and it was like having wicked central heating !

i just worried about it going up in flames (when i was in it )

donut - 10/1/06 at 10:25 PM

My wife blankly refuses to go out in my car when it's finished... YAY!

mangogrooveworkshop - 10/1/06 at 10:51 PM

My wife doesnt like sailing cause its cold and the head on the boat is a pain to work.....doesnt like the 7 case its cold noisy and very windy. My youngster however cant get enough of sailing and sevening.

jon_boy - 10/1/06 at 11:00 PM

My girlfirend has the right idea. Upon deciding to build this car she said "so thats a holiday out of the question this year" and "So ive gone done the priority list again. She understands at last!

MikeR - 10/1/06 at 11:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chrsgrain
Rarely to be found in the kitchen - more often doing this sort of thing.... it was cold!

Errm, does she have any sisters? Where did you find her?

NS Dev - 10/1/06 at 11:34 PM

Oh Mike, you stole my post!!!!!

Mr G - 10/1/06 at 11:35 PM

quote:
They can be interested....

Oh its a hairdryer? I thought she was trying to set the timing....

dl_peabody - 11/1/06 at 05:39 AM

Rare is the man that has a woman to share in your hobbies.....

Rarer is a woman that has a man to share in hers.

Just an thought.....

Yes I am married....
Yes my wife is crazy....
but then again I am BUILDING my own car.
(Is it contagious?)

ned - 11/1/06 at 08:06 AM

As Miker says!!

oh, and add your own captions

But i must say I am genuinely envious of your build area/garage.

Oh, and nice choice of engine

Ned.

ch1ll1 - 11/1/06 at 08:24 AM

she must must be an alien !
wish i had a big one like that

Mr G - 11/1/06 at 09:21 AM

Well for the second picture you must of told her to get in the car and turn it over.

rusty nuts - 11/1/06 at 10:12 AM

Or she can get into unusual positions

DaveFJ - 11/1/06 at 12:00 PM

quote:

SO who cooks dinner ???

Kissy - 11/1/06 at 12:16 PM

Who needs dinner when you can have an attractive lady warm your balls with a hairdryer.

Browser - 11/1/06 at 01:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ned
As Miker says!!

oh, and add your own captions

1. Are you sure using this will make my bum smaller?

2. When you said we'd go on holiday to Australia, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind!

3. Ultimate female petrolheads accessory, a carbon-look hairdrier!

quote:
Originally posted by ned
But i must say I am genuinely envious of your build area/garage.

So am I, but why haven't you boarded out the 'loft' area of the garage, think of all the storage space for 'spares' man!

chrsgrain - 11/1/06 at 06:05 PM

Err...

Yes has a sister - but completely different!

Both cook when have to!

Rented house only on the basis of the garage, which is great - might as well make things as easy as possible... can't do too much to it as its rented though

upside down picture taken specifically to answer a question on the Rush website (www.rushowners.co.uk look in the gallery section for other great cars)

Just lucky I guess

She's just convinced me to buy a 1967 TR4A as our next project!

Chris

MikeR - 11/1/06 at 06:12 PM

Right, thats is, you don't deserve her, move over, i'm marrying her & i'll buy her the TR4, help in the garage and cook!!!

errm does she ever read this forum?
Does she have any like minded friends?
How desparate do we all sound?

NS Dev - hands off, i'm first in the queue!

Fozzie - 11/1/06 at 08:39 PM

FWIW There has been a female builder regularly posting on this site since 2002!...
Fozzie

bob - 11/1/06 at 08:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
FWIW There has been a female builder regularly posting on this site since 2002!...
Fozzie

Really has there

Must admit i wish i had a helper like that,she's even easy on the eye too

Fozzie - 11/1/06 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bob
quote:
Fozzie

Really has there

Yes....eeer....allegedly...

Fozzie

bob - 11/1/06 at 09:06 PM

Shame there are no pics of the aledged female builder in her living room puting her x-flow back togetheraledgedly

Fozzie - 11/1/06 at 09:22 PM

..yup.....she found it difficult to rebuild and takes pics at the same time....allegedly.... Obviously needs more training......

Fozzie

MikeR - 11/1/06 at 09:33 PM

Ah, but i know where this lady lives - it says so in her profile. Its a little too far to start a romance ....... I've no idea with the other delightful soon to be single female lives so i'm living in hope (its next door to Nuneaton). Unless the builder who's been on here since 2002 wants to prove she's worth the travelling.

(ok, she has built her own car, rebuilt her own engine in lounge. In the same time I've been nearly finishing my car for a "while", still have all my engines in the gararge - but did strip webbers in lounge one friday night much to the ex's disgust a couple of years ago)

Ok, you're worth it.

ahem, Want to take this into u2u while i'm waiting for Chris to see the light and let me marry his misses.

Fozzie - 11/1/06 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Ah, but i know where this lady lives - it says so in her profile. Its a little too far to start a romance ....... I've no idea with the other delightful soon to be single female lives so i'm living in hope (its next door to Nuneaton). Unless the builder who's been on here since 2002 wants to prove she's worth the travelling.

(ok, she has built her own car, rebuilt her own engine in lounge. In the same time I've been nearly finishing my car for a "while", still have all my engines in the gararge - but did strip webbers in lounge one friday night much to the ex's disgust a couple of years ago)

Ok, you're worth it.

ahem, Want to take this into u2u while i'm waiting for Chris to see the light and let me marry his misses.

Mike the lady builder loves your sense of humour...allegedly...
Good luck with Chris' missus...
Fozzie

MikeR - 11/1/06 at 10:34 PM

I don't believe it .......... thats the second time a beautiful (*) woman has told me that today!

All you need to do is add in inteligent, caring and considerate and i'll start to worry you know our administrator and this is some elaborate setup!

(*) note i've never seen you therefore you're beauty is based soley on your posts - or if you'd prefer the beauty of your mind.

(for all those blokes with enough greese under there finger nails to repack a CV joint the sick bucket will be along shortly)

MikeR - 11/1/06 at 10:37 PM

Just checked the map - KT12 - thats London.

Thats not too far at all, any chance of you taking me for a ride ........ in your car!

[Edited on 11/1/06 by MikeR]

ned - 11/1/06 at 11:01 PM

She hasn't even taken me for a ride, and that was promised ages ago!!!

Ned.

ps a photo could be arranged Mike

gazza285 - 11/1/06 at 11:01 PM

5 hour round trip. Long way for a ride.

Fozzie - 11/1/06 at 11:09 PM

Alas!....Mike, Chris' missus has one major advantage over the lady builder....youth!........
Ned, you will get ya ride! ...allegedly. The lady builder has just got out of the garage after fettling the new wings......allegedly....
Fozzie

bob - 11/1/06 at 11:29 PM

New wings new wings wot wot wot

I missed that one,i'll have to pop out sunday and have a look

Fozzie - 11/1/06 at 11:53 PM

Wont be on the car for a while yet, but ya can pop out for a look anytime!........allegedly

Fozzie

MikeR - 12/1/06 at 12:08 AM

quote:
Alas!....Mike, Chris' missus has one major advantage over the lady builder....youth
Fozzie

Aaah, youth wasted on the young - and desired by the old! and i officially sit somewhere in the early part of the middle.

Oh well ....... you'll be eternally young in my eyes! (and that cute bum - sheesh, i bet even kylie is jealous!)

Fozzie - 12/1/06 at 12:21 AM

..eerr....allegedly
Fozzie

marcyboy - 12/1/06 at 03:04 PM

i'm not saying anything

taxi !!

Fozzie - 12/1/06 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marcyboy
i'm not saying anything

taxi !!

Tee-hee.........allegedly

Fozzie

marcyboy - 12/1/06 at 03:29 PM

well if i did you'd want to give me a slap

but then i might enjoy it

(allegedly)

[Edited on 12/1/06 by marcyboy]

Fozzie - 12/1/06 at 03:31 PM

Of course!...allegedly........

omega 24 v6 - 12/1/06 at 06:39 PM

Jeez get a room you pair

MikeR - 12/1/06 at 06:47 PM

why, they've only done the slap, its when they get to the tickle they need to get a room!

allegedly!

[Edited on 12/1/06 by MikeR]

Fozzie - 12/1/06 at 06:55 PM

Jeez...you guys are really losing me now!.......I'm going back in the garage.......the lady builder said.....allegedly...
Fozzie

omega 24 v6 - 12/1/06 at 06:55 PM

I'm married and only get a slap. I can't remember what a tickle is LOL

marcyboy - 12/1/06 at 08:25 PM

me... in a room... with a woman who can multi task and take pictures at the same time

allegedly

bob - 12/1/06 at 09:15 PM

BIG room alledgedly

marcyboy - 12/1/06 at 09:20 PM

lol

wyatt - 13/1/06 at 09:08 AM

I am just glad My wife said I can build one or buy a turn Key she feels sorry for me because she has got a 2 seater and I have to drive the 4 door.
Still don’t know what to build though looking more and more like a MAC#1

donut - 13/1/06 at 04:05 PM

Or an Indy!!

indykid - 13/1/06 at 06:36 PM

if you're coming from liverpool, it's worth the extra travel to mk for the original.

allegedly
tom

Fozzie - 16/1/06 at 04:47 PM

quote:
quote:
Alas!....Mike, Chris' missus has one major advantage over the lady builder....youth
Fozzie

Aaah, youth wasted on the young - and desired by the old! and i officially sit somewhere in the early part of the middle.

Oh well ....... you'll be eternally young in my eyes! (and that cute bum - sheesh, i bet even kylie is jealous!)

Did the lady builder mention that she has a National B race licence?.......allegedly.....

MikeR - 16/1/06 at 06:19 PM

Aaah, so you could alegedly add the glamour and sex appeal to my long thought about (ie never done anything about it) 2CV 24 hour racing team!

Hold on, when did this site become a dating site? I mean, you're just throwing things in now to temp the unwary locost builder into a life of, errm, building cars?

Fozzie - 16/1/06 at 06:37 PM

2CV?...aren't they a type of handbag ...You really do have a good sense of humour!
Alas, the lady builder is not available for dating!......allegedly........

Fozzie

MikeR - 16/1/06 at 06:52 PM

ahem you missed off charming, caring and inteligent!

I'd also add cute, but i'm hoping to appear modest.

Fozzie - 16/1/06 at 07:10 PM

quote:
ahem you missed off charming, caring and inteligent!

I'd also add cute, but i'm hoping to appear modest.

Ooops sorry!......OK all of the above!...allegedly.......or should that be...allegedly all of the above?...

Fozzie

James - 18/1/06 at 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wyatt
Still don’t know what to build though looking more and more like a MAC#1

quote:
Originally posted by donut
Or an Indy!!

From what I remember there ain't much difference!

Cheers,
James