Board logo

Vortx length and engine emmissions
clutch_kick - 6/11/08 at 05:40 PM

Hello again guys.

Our lovely goverment just revealed the new car taxation system, very much in favor of the environment!! Which pretty much rules out me using the S2000 engine. Thank god I hadn't bought the engine yet!

So to calculate the cost of registration I need to know 2 important figures ... How long is the Vortx ( from nosecone to tail) and what sort of emmisions do the hayabusa's run in g/km?

this is my last chance ... i'm gonna give up soon.

matt_claydon - 6/11/08 at 05:49 PM

CO2 g/km cannot be calulated for a kit car. The figure for a bike is meaningless if the engine is put in another vehicle and anyway they are generally not published; to have the vehicle itself tested and output measured would cost you thousands.

In the UK taxation for production cars is based on CO2 g/km but kit cars are taxed on the old system of engine size since CO2 output is not available. I would expect Malta to do similar otherwise they will kill self-builds in a stroke.

Krismc - 6/11/08 at 08:24 PM

Why not get it built and tested from MNR, then ship it.

wish i had.

clutch_kick - 6/11/08 at 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matt_claydonI would expect Malta to do similar otherwise they will kill self-builds in a stroke.

I bet they would love to do that!

clutch_kick - 6/11/08 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
Why not get it built and tested from MNR, then ship it.

wish i had.

Cannot afford it mate! I'd still have to pay a registration tax to get it on maltese plates ... and if i calculated correctly it's in the region of 40% of the Invoiced cost of the car, or whatever value THEY think the car should cost!