Board logo

Megasqirt
bonzoronnie - 1/3/09 at 03:29 PM

Hi all.

Following on from my previous post. I have decided to go the throttle body route on my 1.8 Zetec install.

I have tried the msextraefi website looking for info. Alas the site looks to be no longer available.

Have any members imported their own ms kits direct from the USA.

The prices look to be keen but i am a little concerned about being hammered for import duty.

Is it just VAT to pay or are there import taxes to pay as well.

I would much prefer to assemble my own kit as i see this as all part of the challenge ahead.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Perhaps there are other sources of MS kits in the UK. I have been looking but have drawn a blank.

[Edited on 1/3/09 by bonzoronnie]

chasmon - 1/3/09 at 03:49 PM

Bill's Bedroom Contact: Bill@shurvinton.fsworld.co.uk
Located in the UK, Bill can supply: partial kits, complete kits, relay kits, flyback boards, stims, and built units to whatever spec you require. EDIS modules also generally in stock. All built units are by trained engineers and come with no quibble warranties. Blank chip programming capabilities for HC08 and HC12 so can repair your MS-II if it has an accident. Also Official UK dealer for Innovate Motorsports wideband lambda controllers and displays.

[Edited on 1/3/09 by chasmon]

omega0684 - 1/3/09 at 04:00 PM

i have e-mail phil @ extraefi and im waiting for a reply, i was on the site last night but when i went to get on this morning it was unavailable, might just be down for maintenence.

you can email him yourself also if you like philip.extraefi@ntlworld.co.uk

Alex

big_wasa - 1/3/09 at 06:02 PM

Import duty plus vat plus handling charge by parcel force

bonzoronnie - 1/3/09 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Import duty plus vat plus handling charge by parcel force

Thanks.

Best not go that route then

I belieive the Parcel Farce handling fee is in the region of £30

I'll give those links that I have kindly been given a go.

Thanks chaps

piddy - 1/3/09 at 07:14 PM

I brought my set up from the states, I didn't have to pay any import tax, however I could have. At the moment I wouldn't think there is any advantage buying from the states with the present exchange rate. Bill is very good to deal with as is Phil.