Board logo

Connecting a wideband controller to 2 things...
supercat - 9/3/09 at 10:27 AM

Being fairly new to this stuff... can I connect a wideband controller to 2 things - in this case a datalogger and my Emerald ECU? I'm thinking of getting and Innovate LC1.

Cheers,
James

matt_claydon - 9/3/09 at 10:51 AM

ILC1 has 2 configurable outputs, so you can use one for the ECU and one for the logger.

If both units take the same signal then in theory you should be able to use one output for both (it's just a 0-5v voltage output), but since you have two with the LC-1 you may as well use them.

lsdweb - 9/3/09 at 11:04 AM

James

What datlogger are you using? Emerald now can talk to data loggers using CANBUS - mine works with my Racetechnology logger / Dash1 nand it makes setting up the logger so easy - everything the ECU can measure can be logged with no extra wiring!! It did take Emerald and Race Technology ages to get it sorted though!

Regards

Wyn

supercat - 9/3/09 at 08:23 PM

It's an ETB Digidash. I think it is CAN capable but I haven't looked into connecting the two of them up yet.

James

lsdweb - 9/3/09 at 09:02 PM

James - I'd speak to Karl at Emerald as he's keen to get CANBUS working - it's so much easier to log data - when I had it setup on the last car, the only connections to the data logger were the power supply and the oil pressure and temperature connections. Plus the serial connector from the ECU.

flak monkey - 9/3/09 at 09:07 PM

Yes you can, just split the output into 2 and connect one to the dash and one to the ecu.

Did it with my LC1 - one output to aim dash and the other to megasquirt ecu.

Simple as that

David

PS yes the lc1 does have 2 outputs but only one is wideband, the other is simulated narrow band...

[Edited on 9/3/09 by flak monkey]

chasmon - 9/3/09 at 10:05 PM

quote:

PS yes the lc1 does have 2 outputs but only one is wideband, the other is simulated narrow band...

Not true, LC1 (or at least mine) has 2 user configurable outputs ie both can be 0-5v 10-20 AFR

chasmon - 9/3/09 at 10:06 PM

in fact....

flak monkey - 9/3/09 at 10:07 PM

I stand corrected

Must have misread the instructions LOL!