Board logo

Sierra column wiper connections
Paradoxia0 - 28/3/10 at 09:35 AM

Hi Guys,

This is doing my head in.....

I have purchased a windscreen wiper kit from CBS and I am trying to wire it and all is good, except it won't park. The destructions state:

Mini and Ford wiper switch feeds +ve to Red/Green when switched on but links Red/Green to Brown/Green when switched off to power self parking.

The pin-outs are (with normal colours):

1. Earth (Black)
2. Self park (Brn/Grn) (When switch is off this connects to terminal 5 (Red/Grn))
3. Wiper fast (Red/Brn)
4. Fused ignition +ve (Green)
5. Wiper slow (Brn/Grn)

It is terminal 2 I am struggling with.

I seem to rememeber on the wiper stalk there was a link cable between one of the spade on top and somewhere else and I guess that is the bit I am missing, but I have run out of fuses now and am getting rather frustrated...

Can anyone help? Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Mark

PeteS2k - 28/3/10 at 10:36 AM

Try this

http://nw.rhocar.org/mini_wiper_motor_wiring.htm

It's what I did. Couldn't fathom it myself, so just followed the 'connect A to B' from the above guide...

ReMan - 28/3/10 at 10:38 AM

Are these the switch connections?

1. Earth (Black)
2. Self park (Brn/Grn) (When switch is off this connects to terminal 5 (Red/Grn))
3. Wiper fast (Red/Brn)
4. Fused ignition +ve (Green)
5. Wiper slow (Brn/Grn)
If so Then
1 is obviosly earth,
4 is power in
3 and 5 go to the motors fast and slow connectors
2 goes to the motor self park connector, BUT, unless the switch is linked internally then this may need the link wire yo describe between 2 and 4

PeteS2k - 28/3/10 at 10:45 AM

Actually, I've just found the actual diagram I used and posted it in my Photo Archive. Dunno how to pate the image directly here...

Assuming it's the same sort of wiper motor...

RichardK - 28/3/10 at 10:46 AM

Wiper Wiring
Wiper Wiring

Paradoxia0 - 28/3/10 at 10:56 AM

Thanks guys, I'll go give that a go!

(the misses has complained about the swearing from the garage so I think she will be grateful too )

Mark

Paradoxia0 - 28/3/10 at 12:12 PM

Fantastic!!!!

Finally got it, thanking you very much indeed!

(turns out I had wired the switch wrong about 3 years ago whilst building which as it hasn't been used until this weekend hasn't been an issue!)

Mark