Board logo

Teleflex/Dolphin Speedo Senders
slim Jim - 10/6/07 at 09:04 PM

Thought I would post this for info for others who have purchased or are considering purchasing Teleflex or Dolphin gauges (or some other alternative from the USA).

I bought a set of Teleflex gauges which look excellent but I have been having problems with the speedo sensor. The one supplied (see below) seemed no use as it would not really fit in the type 9 'box.

I have tried a few things with reed switches and followed some suggestions from on here to get the speedo working but to no avail.

Today I thought I would look at the sender which came with the gauges.....well when I say look I more mean dismantle. So I removed the metal section (labelled A) and also took out the, then exposed, round magnet/bar (on which the magnet is fitted).

I then found that the sensor will still pick up a magnet on the outside of the sensor (in line with B on the pic).

As a result I now have 4 magnets on my diff flange and positioned the sensor near this so the magnets pass the side of the sender around B on the pic and hey presto....a working speedo

[img][/img]

DaveFJ - 11/6/07 at 07:54 AM

Bu**er

Igot one of those with my Teleflex guages but....

Just forked out a small fortune for a magnetic sensor kit.....

Which guages did you get?

PeterW - 11/6/07 at 08:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by slim Jim
Thought I would post this for info for others who have purchased or are considering purchasing Teleflex or Dolphin gauges (or some other alternative from the USA).

I bought a set of Teleflex gauges which look excellent but I have been having problems with the speedo sensor. The one supplied (see below) seemed no use as it would not really fit in the type 9 'box.

I have tried a few things with reed switches and followed some suggestions from on here to get the speedo working but to no avail.

Today I thought I would look at the sender which came with the gauges.....well when I say look I more mean dismantle. So I removed the metal section (labelled A) and also took out the, then exposed, round magnet/bar (on which the magnet is fitted).

I then found that the sensor will still pick up a magnet on the outside of the sensor (in line with B on the pic).

As a result I now have 4 magnets on my diff flange and positioned the sensor near this so the magnets pass the side of the sender around B on the pic and hey presto....a working speedo

Jim

Any chance of a photo of the install...?

Cheers

Pete

Aboardman - 11/6/07 at 04:58 PM

i would be interested to know about the dials as i was looking at them for a mini project, and with the exchange rate been good did seem like a good buy.

slim Jim - 12/6/07 at 12:08 PM

I went for the Amega Chrome set with black faces. The gauges seem pretty good quality and look fantastic, just takes a bit of messing about to get the senders sorted.

I will get a pic of the sender set up when I have a spare minute, am keeping busy as have SVA looming

DashCloseUp
DashCloseUp