Board logo

Wiper Motor Position
iscmatt - 27/7/08 at 09:16 PM

I have done what I thought would be the hardest job and that is ensure that I can get the wiper motor wired up. Then I came to looking at where to site the motor under the scuttle. I would like to attach it to the engine panel but the angle of the motor to the working arm makes this look impossible. Is it ? I'd be grateful for advice, maybe a pic or two. Thanks in advance!

BenB - 27/7/08 at 10:01 PM

I put mine in the offside area under the scuttle. I welded up a little bracket that looked something like:

This meant the motor could be angled so that the bundy tube almost straight and the runs were very short....

Works nicely. You may need to strengthen your scuttle though- I got terrible scuttle wobble until I put some re-inforcing GRP in place....

BenB - 27/7/08 at 10:03 PM

wiper motor
wiper motor

whoops. forgot to include the excellent drawing

Hope it makes sense. Easier to make than explain it!!! In actuality the angle of the wiper motor was much less than that (almost horizontal) and the bracket was only a little bit bigger than the wiper motor....

BenB - 27/7/08 at 10:04 PM

Oh and the thing called "wiper mounting bracket" is actually a bar welded in place that the bracket bolts onto...

Perhaps I should take some photos tm which might cause less confusion!!! LOL....

iscmatt - 27/7/08 at 10:14 PM

Ben,

Thanks for that - I knew the electrics was the easy bit ! Got a bit more head scratching to do but it will be done !

Michael - 28/7/08 at 09:08 PM

I'm interested in this too.

As got a Caterham (Lucas) Wiper motor, cable and wheel boxes, wanting to fit to ST Scuttle.

[Edited on 28/7/08 by Michael]