Board logo

Autodata data needed - crank sensor resistance
Litemoth - 29/3/10 at 04:21 PM

My daily driver is cutting out - I suspect it's the Crank sensor packing in (common failing on these and have had this on previous Primera).

Can someone look up the Crank sensor resistance on a 2001 2.0l Primera Diesel for me please? maybe inder 'component testing' on the autodata CD?

imp paul - 29/3/10 at 04:30 PM

im just having a look for you now i have gone in to component testing but all i find is a lay out of engine bay fault code for ckp incorrect signal is 47

[Edited on 29/3/10 by imp paul]

[Edited on 29/3/10 by imp paul]

Litemoth - 29/3/10 at 04:43 PM

Bugger
Thanks for having a look though Paul

It's reading 1.44 kOhm which I suspect is kinda high

imp paul - 29/3/10 at 04:49 PM

sorry mate but that's best i can see it just tells me the code 47 for a faulty ckp hope you sort it on the cheap

Litemoth - 29/3/10 at 05:10 PM

Thanks guys, found it on an enthusiast (I'm not one) site.... it's 1.2 to 1.5 kOhm so back to the drawing board.

Danozeman - 29/3/10 at 05:26 PM

doesnt mean its not on its way out. Had a 106 which kept cutting out, crank sensor tested fine. Fitted new one and it was fine.

TGR-ECOSSE - 29/3/10 at 05:48 PM

Dont know if this helps but we had a primera in the garage last week that was cutting out and it was the fuel pressure regulator that was faulty. Do you have access to any diagnostic equipment to see if it brings up any fault codes?

Litemoth - 29/3/10 at 05:48 PM

You're right. The end of these sensors craze and let water in so will cause all sorts of intermittent faults.
They are £50-odd quid so trying to make sure I'm barking up the right one before I give Mr Nissan loadsa money for the privilege of replacing their poor quality sensor.

Litemoth - 29/3/10 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TGR-ECOSSE
Dont know if this helps but we had a primera in the garage last week that was cutting out and it was the fuel pressure regulator that was faulty. Do you have access to any diagnostic equipment to see if it brings up any fault codes?

I haven't got an OBD reader I'm afraid..I did the cruder flash code thingy and it came up with (I think) code 18 - fuel quantity adjuster/position sensor malfunction but need to try it again as i cleared it at the same time.