Board logo

Pressure regulator positioning
omega0684 - 6/4/10 at 10:36 AM

Morning all,

I have been having a think about my fuel system that is going in and have been trying to figure out a way of reducing the cost on new parts.

is it ok to have the Fuel Pressure Regulator straight after the fuel rail? i have a JIC -6 male at the end of the fuel rail, onto this i want to put an adapter with a female JIC-6 on one end and male on the other, which has a side input for the fuel pressure gauge to fit into (ONE OF THESE)

then have a Male to male adapter and have the fuel pressure regulator directly after it?

Good idea or bad idea?

opinions please

stuart_g - 6/4/10 at 10:49 AM

Can't see why it wouldn't work. Lots of fuel rails have the regulator directly fixed to it.

blakep82 - 6/4/10 at 12:31 PM

i thought that was exactly where it was supposed to go

matt_claydon - 6/4/10 at 01:46 PM

I would be a bit concerned about vibration and metal fatigue of you're mounting a big chunk of metal by a hose connection that wasn't designed as a mounting point. You don't want high pressure fuel spraying all over the engine bay if the union cracks.

omega0684 - 6/4/10 at 02:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matt_claydon
I would be a bit concerned about vibration and metal fatigue of you're mounting a big chunk of metal by a hose connection that wasn't designed as a mounting point. You don't want high pressure fuel spraying all over the engine bay if the union cracks.

don't worry it will be supported by a sufficient bracket